Angels Pummel Cubs as Brett Jackson Completes Rehab
J. C. Rodriguez knocked-in six runs with an RBI single, a two-run double, and a three-run home run, leading the EXST Angels to a 10-2 thrashing of the EXST Cubs in Cactus League Extended Spring Training action this morning at Diablo Park Field #3 in Tempe, AZ.
The game was extended an extra couple of innings so that all of the pitchers who were due to throw today could get their scheduled work.
OF Brett Jackson (on Tennessee Smokies DL with finger injury) completed his rehab assignment today in Tempe, playing six innings in CF and going 1-4.at the plate. The Cubs #1 position player prospect hit everything to the opposite field today, roping a line-drive RBI single over the shortstop’s head in his first AB, flying out to LF his next time up, getting called out on strikes (frozen by a slow curve) in his 3rd plate appearance, and grounding out to the shortstop in his final AB.
Over his two rehab games (eight PA) at EXST, Jackson hit 375/375/625 (1B, 4-3, K, 3B, 1B, F-7, K, 6-3). He will be rejoining the Tennessee Smokies on Monday.
Here is today’s abridged box score (Cubs players only)
1. Oliver Zapata, DH-CF: 1-4 (2B, K, 1-U, K, R)
2. Marco Hernandez, 2B: 1-4 (4-3, 4-3, F-7, 1B)
3. Brett Jackson, CF-DH: 1-4 (1B, F-7, K, 6-3, RBI)
4. Dong-Yub Kim, DH #2: 1-3 (L-7, 1-3, 2B, R)
5. Wilson Contreras, 3B: 2-3 (1B, 5-3, 1B, RBI)
6. Yaniel Cabezas, C-DH: 0-3 (K, 6-3, 1-3)
7. Eduardo Gonzalez, RF: 1-3 (K, 1B, 1-3)
8. Dustin Geiger, 1B: 1-3 (L-6, 5-3, 1B)
9. Wes Darvill, SS: 0-3 (F-9, 4-3, 4-3)
10. Blair Springfield, LF: 0-3 (6-3, K, K)
11a. SLOT WAS SKIPPED FIRST TIME THRU BATTING ORDER
11b. Johan DeJesus, C: 0-2 (F-8, 5-3)
1. Austin Reed: 3.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R (5 ER), 3 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 2 GIDP, 61 pitches (33 strikes), 9/0 GO/FO
2. Hunter Ackerman: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R (4 ER), 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HBP, 51 pitches (32 strikes), 3/0 GO/FO
3. Colin Richardson: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 29 pitches (19 strikes), 2/3 GO/FO
4. Jean Sandoval: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 23 pitches (16 strikes), 2/1 GO/FO
5. Yilver Sanchez: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 14 pitches (10 strikes), 0/2 GO/FO
1. SS Wes Darvill - E6 (fielding error allowed batter to reach base safely – eventually scored unearned run)
2. SS Wes Darvill - E6 (throwing error allowed batter to reach base safely)
3. 2B Marco Hernandez - E4 (throwing error allowed batter to reach base safely)
Yaniel Cabezas: 0-3 CS
WEATHER: Sunny and breezy with temperatures in the 90’s
He drew a bases loaded walk early in the game
i hope Baez draws a walk today!
I hope Baez will draw a walk today.
Have a day!!
/another diaper dandy
one of the slowest men in the game is taking a 20+ft lead off 2nd.
i think the "he's working on throwing over" knockdown scare has worn off in the 4th inning.
it keeps working, though. this is at least the 3rd time someone from the club has announced "he's working on throwing over" and the opposing team being cautious the next game. they should do this before every start.
Lester does not get the Michael Jordan treatement from umpires. He really has to fight for his strikes sometimes.
something tells me this isn't godley's day.
Page loading faster, comments are very fast now.
BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!! BAEZ WITH A BASES LOADED WALK!!!!
great time to have a kid...much approved. more teams should be inducing labor around the cubs schedule.
cruising fast now
How does one strain a bone?
Also, what is the Cubs' record with Schwarb in the lineup?
Len just said Cubs are last in the majors in batting average. I had to look that up to confirm it. Methinks the opposite will be true in a few years.
So much congratulations!!
Goldschmidt back in AZ for birth of child.
I removed the work that dynamically updated the comments sections. Guess too many were experiencing a slow down.