Your 2011 Boise Hawks and Your 2011 AZL Cubs!
Minor League Field Coordinator Dave Bialas and the coaching staff at Fitch Park have completed their final observations and evaluations of the newly-signed draft picks, and so here are the rosters for the Boise Hawks ands AZL Cubs as of 7 AM (MST) this morning:
2011 DRAFT PICKS IN CAPS
* bats or throws left
# bats both
NOTE: Boise has a 30-man ACTIVE LIST (of which 25 players including at least 10 pitchers can be designated as ACTIVE prior to each game) and a 35-man RESERVE LIST, and the AZL CUBS have a 35-man combined ACTIVE LIST/RESERVE LIST, of which 25 players including at least ten pitchers can be designated as ACTIVE for each game.
At present Boise has four roster slots open, and the AZL Cubs have two roster slots open. Draft picks must be placed on a minor league roster no later than 15 days after signing, so once the Cubs sign another six draft picks, the Boise and AZL Cubs rosters will be full.
BOISE HAWKS (26)
* Kyler Burke (ex-OF)
* Willengton Cruz
Charles Thomas (ex-3B)
# Vismeldy Bieneme
* Wes Darvill
* Pin-Chieh Chen
D. J. Fitzgerald
* BEN KLAFCZYNSKI
DISABLED LIST (5):
Jose Guevara, C (ankle)
Tarlandus Mitchell, P (ankle)
Jesus Morelli, OF (hand)
Eric Rice, P (elbow)
# Jose Valdez, OF (unknown)
AZL CUBS (33)
* Hunter Ackerman
P. J. FRANCESCON
* SHELDON McDONALD
* Brian Smith
* Luis Villalba
# Brian Inoa
* Alberto Mineo (MLB EUROPEAN ACADEMY)
# Marco Hernandez
* Eduardo Gonzalez
# Oliver Zapata
I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.
With that said in reverse order:
3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.
2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.
2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.
I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.
any opponent preference for NLDS?
A couple of Cub related puzzles.
Can't teach height and thinness
Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.
j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.
Wow. I didn't know they could do that.
Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.
Game is officially called...also officially a tie.
Stats count, no make-up date of course.
rain delay...thanks obama.