Levine Spins Up the Rumor Mill
Bruce Levine's latest has a few new rumors, most of it probably trying to drum up interest in Cubs players that doesn't exist, but it's fun to dream.
- He says the Cubs are looking for minor league pitching that they can project to the majors in return for veteran players.
- The Cubs have fielded calls on Fukudome, Byrd, Grabow and Soriano (prank calls don't count). In Fukudome's case the Indians are specifically mentioned and then Levine quotes an NL scout (probably one from the Cubs) about how much better Fukudome is this year.
- The Cubs would apparently be wiling to eat a "high percentage" of Soriano's contract (still owed nearly $60M through 2014) and that he could be an attractive target as a right-handed DH in the American League (no he wouldn't).
- Aramis talked with his agent and the Cubs brass and indications are that he is very unwilling to waive his NTC.
- Also, the Cubs have signed 7th round pick Trevor Gretzky (yes, there's a relation) and 13th round pick Trey Martin.
I definitely hang around here looking to reply to your comments as noticed by my nearly year long absence.
there's a fine line between posting something relevant, useful or at least humorous versus posting something irrelevant, useless or unfunny...actually it's rather quite a thick line and easy to see for most people not named crunch.
I certainly am digging the RISP machine Zobrist version.
Cubs are taking advantage of bad D by their opponents -- did it a few times in PIT and the Nats botched 2-out rundown leads to 3 Cub runs in the 8th. Which were nice to have.
I hope Kyle had fun at the dance party -- he was terrific.
i hope he's getting more consideration for the 2-slot vs lefties, too.
I hope we can dispense with the Zobrist RISP concerns.
Is this heaven?
They call me Schwarberino because I'm basically Ruth,
and as long as we're rapping I'm gonna tell you the truth:
This team would be even better if I wasn't laid up;
we'd win the World Series, the Superbowl, and the Stanley Cup.
As long as we're at it, I'm putting the Premier League on notice.
Hell, if I were healthy, Epstein could run for POTUS.
My busted knee's even sadder than this presidential kerfuffle,
but my first rehab assignment will be the World Series Shuffle.
I am avoiding grading papers.
With Mutton on the DL now, does Victorino finally get to Iowa?
Chat ... is happening.
I agree completely with Dusty. I appreciate him much more as the Nats skipper than as the Cubs.
so, what you're saying is you keep bringing up something over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over like you did with this issue for years back in the day...and obviously still into today...
...but that's fine if you do it.
brb, forming my next dozen replies for why you should shut up and never say anything about it again...oh wait, no i'm not because i'm not hanging around looking to tell you to shut up about repeating the same thing over and over and over and over...
Heyward looked fine shagging flies in BP. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the line up tomorrow.
this seems like it could be an interesting series...parachat worthy.
speed leads...nothing ever changes. that's been a dusty thing since...forever.
holy shit, really? I made the comment because I had just discovered this novel trait that Dusty possesses.
btw, check out the leadoff hitter of the WS champion KC last year.
waaaat????? again with the knowledge dropping, I literally had no idea.