When Winning Is A Bad Thing
Gee, you get tied up for a full day and the comments explode and forget to put Matt Garza and James Shields in your fantasy starting lineup.
Anyway, the Cubs have managed a 4-game winning streak, in close proximity to a 3-game winning streak (wth a 5-game losing streak in between) and it's about the most enraging thing that could happen besides Hendry sleeping through the trade deadlne. If Q-Ball goes on another second half run, Hendry and him are gonna be validated that it was just the injuries and the pieces are in place to be a good team. Not to mention screwing up their draft spot for next year.
That being said, nice to see the Pirates falling back to Earth a little. Neat story and all, but the offense is bad (of course so is the Giants), but I don't really believe in their pitching talent much, unlike the aforementioned Giants. That being said, they're seemingly on their way back to respectability and can start considering diving back into free agency in the upcoming offseasons.
Also nice to see the Brewers leading the division because that's what I predicted and I get extra points on my blogging rewards card for possibly picking the right door numbered one through six.
Let's look at some post ASB numbers to fill space...
- Byrd 324/360/577 3 HR/6 RBI/10 R
- Soto 295/358/459 2 HR/9 RBI/6 R
- Castro 321/349/436 2 HR/8 RBI/10 R/2 of 6 SB
- Ramirez 221/236/515 5 HR/16 RBI/9 R
- Pena 200/347/333 1 HR/4 RBI/5 R
- Barney 231/265/338 0 HR/3 RBI/6 R/1 of 2 SB
- Soriano 154/154/415 5/11/5
I don't know what it all means except for the love of Santo, someone put Soriano out to pasture.
On to the pitching...
- Garza 2.41 ERA/33.2 IP/30 K/9 BB/2 HR
- Grabow 2.45 ERA/7.1 IP
- Marshall 2.70 ERA/10 IP
- Wells 4.13 ERA 17 K/ 8 BB/4 HR
- Dempster 4.70 ERA 27 K/5 BB/1 HR
- Zambrano 5.01 ERA 17 K/10 BB/ 4 HR
- Samardzija 5.40 ERA 8 K/5 BB/0 HR
- Marmol 9.72 ERA 12 K/9 BB/0 HR
- Wood 10.80 ERA 4 K/4 BB/1 HR
Wherever that magical pasture is that makes million dollar contracts go away, may Zambrano find his way there as well.
Be nice in the comments.
neat. 41 years old and damn close to 3000 hits.
also, rain delays suck.
take that giants
TEX takes the opening game from TOR (@TOR) 5-3.
Ride the Kid Magic! Schwarber hadn't homered in a long time before last night.
Greg Maddux was 8-18 in his rookie season. Kyle has the 8 wins down pat.
Think Baby Maddux.
Prof. Harold Hill's THINK system at work.
Kyle is on the far left.
Just tweeted via Jesse Rogers: Hendricks starting Game 2. Wow. Just wow.
That was good!
1. I hate the fact that after 162 games, a team could be out after 1 game. However, I think the system is pretty close to perfect right now. 2 of 3 isn't feasible unless they shorten the regular season, and it ices the division winners for way too long. This creates excitement, and rewards the division winners.
Call me lost.