Clevenger and Dolis Up
The Tennesee Smokies lost in the Southern League championship yesterday and the Mobile Bay Bears take the series 3-1. The upside for two members was a call-up to the Show to watch the other Cubs players over the last 10 days of the season. Congrats and here's your steak knives.
- The Red Sox death spiral would bring about interviews with Theo Epstein and his entourage a lot sooner, so you know where my rooting interests are. Not that I needed the further enticement to root against the Red Sox.
- Some absurd rumor that Ricketts have soured on Billy Beane because the Moneyball concept is not playing that well with the fans. I don't think 99% of Cubs fans really know what the "Moneyball" concept is, not to mention it's not all too dissimilar to what about 50% of teams are currently running now including the golden boy, Theo Epstein's organization.
- It doesn't appear an extension is happening for scouting director Tim Wilken, but he was told after Sunday to continue to operate as usual and will be kept on for the 2012 season.
- Marco Hernandez and Gioskar Amaya were named among the Top 20 prospects that played in the Arizona Rookie League.
- If Q-Ball has his say (and hopefully he won't in about 10 days), he'd consider Samardzija for the rotation but thinks Marshall is too valuable in the set-up role. Pretty much the opposite way I see it...I think trying Marshall in the rotation has a lot more upside, while I think Samardzija was more lucky than good this year.
- The Cubs still holding at the 7th spot in the draft, a half game behind the Royals for the 6th spot, but just a game ahead of the Pirates for the 8th spot.
Joe: "We lost. They beat us. Now where's my '09 Guigal Bordeaux glass...?
I forgot how rail thin skinny Carl Edwards Jr. Is - he threw some nasty stuff - hope that continues
HAHAHA! I love it here! Brilliant...
"The pressure of going for the regular-season wins record is now gone."
Brilliant. Maddon is a genius!
"Drink copiously but responsibly."
Done and done. Thanks for that.
Oil Can Boyd now pitching for the Cubs
- The pressure of going for the regular-season wins record is now gone.
- Joe will come up with more wacky dress-up ideas for the team to wear after they lose their next get-away game.
- There is more clarity on Spencer Patton.
- We play the Reds next. They aren't very good.
- We'll have at least a 9 game lead after today.
Other than that, not much -- nasty stretch. Two ugly losses in the last 4 games.
Ugh -- give Lackey a 4-1 lead, you hope for better.
It's a long season. There will be stretches like this. It's Saturday night. Drink copiously but responsibly.
That valuable RBIGIDP.
Someone talk me down here.
I remember AZ PHIL talking about Bour's power during the Hendry era.
Time to scrap the scouting report on Justin Bour and get a new one. Sheesh.
Contreras seems pretty adamant he'll play anywhere Madden wants him to so as long as he stays hot and with all the injuries it'll be pretty nice to have yet another bat Madden can move around.
Rizzo in, Zobrist out, Willson in LF, Montero back and Almora batting 9th ... let's score some runs
Time for Mr. Oh to get some save chances.
Rosenthal does it again! Comes in with a 3-1 lead in the 9th -- double, BB, HR...ballgame.
Very nice win last nice -- could have caved in after the bottom of the first. It would be OK if guys stopped getting hurt, and if SF would lose a few.