Cubs vs. Dodgers

It's all settled, the Dodgers and their league-leading pitching staff will roll into Chicago starting Wednesday. The Cubs were 5-2 against them this season, including a three game sweep at home in three low-scoring games. They split a four game set in Los Angeles.

The Dodgers ride into October with a 17-7 record, albeit it against an extremely easy schedule (Padres, Diamondbacks, Giants, Rockies, Pirates).

I think the Cubs are the far superior team, but the Dodgers do have a good staff and the games will probably be close and low-scoring. That means a lucky break or two and the Dodgers can make this interesting.

Comments

Dodgers are going to be tough. The Dodgers team that we were 5-2 against didn't have Rafeal Furcal, Casey Blake or Manny Ramirez. A couple of games I do remember between the 2 teams was Z having a major meltdown on a Saturday afternoon. Kurudo probably had one of the most dominating pitching perfomances against us the night before.

Kuroda had gave up 4 hits and had 11 strikeouts on June 6th.

I would have much preferred the Mets obviously, but lets take the challenge and beat em!

I am pretty sure they still dont have Furcal.

(EDIT): He did come on 9/24 and is 2 for 8 since coming back.

Hilarious sign.

go cubs, etc.

wsux win,
make-up game tomorrow for wsux, if they win, tiebreaker on tuesday.

Honestly, I'm still glad we don't have to worry about facing Santana twice in a short series.

I bought 2 tix for game 4...hopefully I'll tix to game 3 from someone at work.

Just got Tix at StubHub to Game 3! C'mon Cubbies let's sweep, I want to be there to see that!

got 2 for $25 each for Game 3 last week, picked up 2 for $50 each (all you can eat) for Game 4 today from mlb.com

Okay, where's the stupid schedule? I can't find dates & times for the playoff games yet. Grrr...

NM, times TBD

ROB, CHAD - lucky day!

I'm sure you will be there with Cubs gear on.

Derek Lowe gives us fits. We generally have a tough time in general against slow tossing, sinker ball pitchers. I hope he has an off night and puts the ball in the zone.

just got my tix on ebay. hopefully the guy will come through 100% feedbak and his number was real high.

It's entirely conceivable the Rob and the Angel Fan wife could be attending a World Series game on opposing sides...

*awkward*

we'll go together, I fear for our children more.

RobG's kids in 20 years:

"I don't like baseball. For some reason, it reminds me of yelling."

5:30 CST for Game 1

8:30 CST for Game 2 (damn, that's late)

17 seconds left. Bears might actually pull this one out. Dare we dream?

Wow, game over. Amazing goal line stand.

Damn, I should have bet on this game.

• jacos 1 hour 9 min ago view
  • Happ was the #9 pick last year, and he moved from OF to 2B in the same offseason that Castro was traded.

Gleyber also in the picture at second.

VirginiaPhil 4 hours 37 min ago view
  • jacos 4 hours 57 min ago view
  • Co-sign

Ryno 4 hours 57 min ago view
  • Transmission 5 hours 7 min ago view
  • O&B: I think D. J. Wilson is a legit MLB prospect.

He is a hyperactive dynamo on the field, a protypical lead-off hitter who is looking to get on base any way he can, a triple machine (if there is such a thing) when he does make solid contact, a daring baserunner who goes berserk once he is on base, and a CF who plays a "no fear" crash & burn style of defense.

Guys like that sometimes get injured more-often than the average player, but if he can stay healthy and continue to progress, I believe he will be an MLB CF, or at worst a 4th OF.

Arizona Phil 5 hours 18 min ago view
  • The hot start was nice, but it won't always come easy. It's nice to see them have to work for it every once in a while.

Ryno 7 hours 25 min ago view
  • Hey, AZ, are you as high on DJ Wilson as your pal John Arguello is?

• Phil, I just wanted to say thank you for diligently tracking the Cubs prospects in extended spring training and sharing your knowledge with us. It's remarkable how you're able to keep box scores for multiple games at once. I, and I'm sure others here, appreciate the data and insight you provide for us.

K Dub 10 hours 36 min ago view
  • Thanks PHIL.

Boy, that is a nifty K:BB ratio Hudson has going at almost 4:1!

I hope he continues improving.

• And of course the Bucs won again playing AZ (not PHIL). They dont seem to have a problem yet with the bottom feeders.

They picked up 3 games this last week.

I'm looking forward to them coming to the Chi.

• Don't mess with the SI jinx. Since the Javy/Cubs cover came out, he is 2-for-20 with no walks.

• BRADSBEARD: If all three are assigned to Eugene, the Cubs can play Galindo, Paredes, and Paniagua at the same time by moving Paredes between SS-3B-DH, Galindo between 3B-1B-DH, and Paniagua between 1B-LF-DH.

The Cubs like to have their players (including their minor leaguers) learn to play more than one position even if they eventually are projected to settle at one spot, and I suspect that will be reflected at Eugene, with just about everybody who will be assigned there able to play at least two positions.

Arizona Phil 17 hours 33 min ago view
  • Thanks - at least the scorer was consistent

Eric S 17 hours 47 min ago view
  • I don't think the error call was completely out of the blue but the ball took a very bad hop and would have taken a very good play to get it. Same with one of the Stella throws where I think it could have easily been ruled a hit. Neither were cut and dry calls though imo.

• chased a high fastball...

I think his BABIP during his run has been around .950