Cubs vs. Dodgers

It's all settled, the Dodgers and their league-leading pitching staff will roll into Chicago starting Wednesday. The Cubs were 5-2 against them this season, including a three game sweep at home in three low-scoring games. They split a four game set in Los Angeles.

The Dodgers ride into October with a 17-7 record, albeit it against an extremely easy schedule (Padres, Diamondbacks, Giants, Rockies, Pirates).

I think the Cubs are the far superior team, but the Dodgers do have a good staff and the games will probably be close and low-scoring. That means a lucky break or two and the Dodgers can make this interesting.

Comments

Dodgers are going to be tough. The Dodgers team that we were 5-2 against didn't have Rafeal Furcal, Casey Blake or Manny Ramirez. A couple of games I do remember between the 2 teams was Z having a major meltdown on a Saturday afternoon. Kurudo probably had one of the most dominating pitching perfomances against us the night before.

Kuroda had gave up 4 hits and had 11 strikeouts on June 6th.

I would have much preferred the Mets obviously, but lets take the challenge and beat em!

I am pretty sure they still dont have Furcal.

(EDIT): He did come on 9/24 and is 2 for 8 since coming back.

Hilarious sign.

go cubs, etc.

wsux win,
make-up game tomorrow for wsux, if they win, tiebreaker on tuesday.

Honestly, I'm still glad we don't have to worry about facing Santana twice in a short series.

I bought 2 tix for game 4...hopefully I'll tix to game 3 from someone at work.

Just got Tix at StubHub to Game 3! C'mon Cubbies let's sweep, I want to be there to see that!

got 2 for $25 each for Game 3 last week, picked up 2 for $50 each (all you can eat) for Game 4 today from mlb.com

Okay, where's the stupid schedule? I can't find dates & times for the playoff games yet. Grrr...

NM, times TBD

ROB, CHAD - lucky day!

I'm sure you will be there with Cubs gear on.

Derek Lowe gives us fits. We generally have a tough time in general against slow tossing, sinker ball pitchers. I hope he has an off night and puts the ball in the zone.

just got my tix on ebay. hopefully the guy will come through 100% feedbak and his number was real high.

It's entirely conceivable the Rob and the Angel Fan wife could be attending a World Series game on opposing sides...

*awkward*

we'll go together, I fear for our children more.

RobG's kids in 20 years:

"I don't like baseball. For some reason, it reminds me of yelling."

5:30 CST for Game 1

8:30 CST for Game 2 (damn, that's late)

17 seconds left. Bears might actually pull this one out. Dare we dream?

Wow, game over. Amazing goal line stand.

Damn, I should have bet on this game.

• given that he seems to only be throwing low 90s these days rather than the 93-96mph he used to throw, along with his wildness issues this year, he may end up passing through.

i dunno if something is wrong with him physically or his past shoulder issues has rendered him what he currently is, but he's been throwing a lot of sliders he can't control well and his fastball isn't as sharp. even when his slider wasn't working in a game he was still throwing a lot of them.

crunch 1 hour 9 min ago view
  • Any scuttlebutt on where Neil Ramirez gets traded?

He seems better than some of the relievers on competitive teams. He ought to bring more than the waiver fee.

My guess? Toronto.

tim815 1 hour 32 min ago view
  • PHIL: It seems as if Paniagua has always played 1B with the Cubs. At 6'2 and 180#, what is his frame like? String bean? Have you seen him bulk up? Where do you project him? Thanks.

The E-Man 1 hour 37 min ago view
  • Phil, what's your thoughts on which position players are going to Eugene and who is staying in AZL?

azbobbop 5 hours 37 min ago view
  • Ahhh...way to bring me down BB.

Still - a win tomorrow will be an acheivement regardless.

• Don't mean to spoil your mood, but with tonight's win the are 3-5 on the trip with one to play.

While I'm bringing the room down -- Richard comes in to pitch the 9th with a 12-1 lead...and can't finish the game. Woof.

• jacos 6 hours 58 min ago view
  • It is remarkable how my mood has become uplifted with one game against the Cards.

That is sick.

But, I have been an addict for a long time.

A W tomorrow and it will be a .500 road trip.

Also, to keep the losses in perspective, if the Cubs were to lose 10 games a month - a lot at this current pace - they still end up 102-60. Six months of the ride!

• So, the Mesa Cubs should be solid this summer in the AZL Rookie League?

And, I like the, "But did you know" lead in there. Something a little different.

I can tell really like this group of hitters in AZ right now.

What pitchers out there, other than Cease, should we be excited about?

Thanks as always for the info.

Childersb3 7 hours 48 min ago view
  • back on the Run Differential hunt... (aka The Hunt for Blue October)

Cubster 8 hours 16 min ago view
  • These are the 2016 Cubs I know and love. Also digging that Cardinals OF (lack of) defense.

• Another day, another eight runs

jacos 8 hours 48 min ago view
  • I'm not sure there was another team in baseball that would flip a Dansby Swanson type of prospect (plus Inciarte, plus Toussaint) for Miller.  That trade was just comically bad from the start, and getting worse...

Transmission 8 hours 50 min ago view
  • Zobrist just keeps squaring up - and Soler goes yard!

Eric S 8 hours 50 min ago view
  • Pirates jumping all over Shelby Miller tonight - so glad the Cubs didn't flip a Dansby Swanson type prospect to the Braves for him. Two years of Lackey looking like a good alternative.

Eric S 8 hours 55 min ago view
  • 3rd inning...soler walked twice in the game...first time since aug 4th last year in the regular season (2 times in the playoffs, amazingly).