Game Times Announced

Game times have been released for the first three games of the NLDS:

5:30 pm CST for Game 1 @ Wrigley on Wednesday, October 1st

8:30 pm CST for Game 2 @ Wrigley on Thursday, October 2nd

9:00 pm CST for Game 3 @ Dodger Stadium on Saturday, October 4th

I imagine they'll wait to see how the other series are doing before they announce game times for games 4 and 5. I'm a little surprised they could get clearance for such a late start on Thursday at Wrigley, but so be it. Stock up on your favorite stimulant and stay up late to enjoy your Cubs.

Comments

so rob has tickets to game 3

I've got tickets for Games 3 and 4.

so does CA-Phil!

I might add that my wife roots for the Cubs! ;)

mine will too until the World Series

The Game 2 start time is not that surprising. TBS and MLB have decided that they want to air games on the first 2 days of the playoffs at or around 2, 6, and 9 pm CT to maximize ratings. Given that the west coast team hosting the first games of a DS this year is an AL team and that the AL schedule has a Wednesday/Friday and a Thursday/Friday start one day the 9 pm start was going to have to be in a non-westcoast city. The Cubs seemed liked the most logical fit for that start as the other host cities are East coast teams in Philly and Tampa and you have the game start at 9:30 or 10 local time which is obviously too late to start a game. I am pretty sure that come playoff time that start times are under the full discression of MLB and supercedes any agreement between the city and the team.

Game 2 here, and not too happy about that start time. But I'll take it.

Would they consider starting Twins/Sox vs Rays game at 10:00 am?

• Well I guess if pitchers can keep working the edges of the plate to perfection it will be a long season. But that doesn't seem likely. Rizzo finally, fully, snapping out of it would help.

Old and Blue 1 hour 38 min ago view
  • If I didn't believe in coincidences (or science), I would apologize to Gordon Downie--one of my favorites. Sad news about a great talent.

CTSteve 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • Hi Arizona Phil,

Has there been any news on Oscar de la Cruz' health?

Raisin101 8 hours 16 min ago view
  • bruh...

• O&B: Cease was apparently working on his off-speed pitches in his first & thrd innings, because in his second inning of work he just blew the D'backs away with high-velocity gas (that's when he hit 99-100 and struck out the side).

Arizona Phil 9 hours 49 min ago view
  • Wow, Lyin' CTSteve? He was just BEGGING for my endorsement last year!  Lame!

Transmission 9 hours 55 min ago view
  • 1. I did not say the thing I insisted that Trans write down and attribute to me, or it was taken out of context.

2. Trans and his "roast" (aka, a Salisbury steak TV dinner by Swanson) are very low energy.

3. Make TCR great again.

CTSteve 10 hours 1 min ago view
  • Yeah, I'm fine if I don't hear another one, furlong time.

Transmission 10 hours 3 min ago view
  • nice recap, horrible game...i hope to never hear another horse pun/joke for at least a decade.

• Recap posted.  ~sigh~

Transmission 10 hours 33 min ago view
  • THAT WAS TURRIBLE.

MY GAWD.

• Ok, fine. I'll do a recap.

Transmission 14 hours 46 sec ago view
  • Thanks for the post AZ. That's a huge attendance. Scouts must be excited about somebody.

Would you say Cease's performance was a result of working on his change or was it just a bad outing? And isn't Ademan some ridiculous age, like 17 or something?What are your thoughts on him?

• LOL and yes. No need to even be that formal, can just say "Trans, keep my name out of this abomination of a discussion."

Transmission 16 hours 39 min ago view
  • Carrie Muskat Verified account
    [email protected]

Shane Victorino was released. Will have more details later. He was on Iowa #Cubs roster

QuietMan 17 hours 24 min ago view
  • *tumbleweeds*

wonder if he was released to retire or to try to latch on with someone else...