Game Times Announced

Game times have been released for the first three games of the NLDS:

5:30 pm CST for Game 1 @ Wrigley on Wednesday, October 1st

8:30 pm CST for Game 2 @ Wrigley on Thursday, October 2nd

9:00 pm CST for Game 3 @ Dodger Stadium on Saturday, October 4th

I imagine they'll wait to see how the other series are doing before they announce game times for games 4 and 5. I'm a little surprised they could get clearance for such a late start on Thursday at Wrigley, but so be it. Stock up on your favorite stimulant and stay up late to enjoy your Cubs.

Comments

so rob has tickets to game 3

I've got tickets for Games 3 and 4.

so does CA-Phil!

I might add that my wife roots for the Cubs! ;)

mine will too until the World Series

The Game 2 start time is not that surprising. TBS and MLB have decided that they want to air games on the first 2 days of the playoffs at or around 2, 6, and 9 pm CT to maximize ratings. Given that the west coast team hosting the first games of a DS this year is an AL team and that the AL schedule has a Wednesday/Friday and a Thursday/Friday start one day the 9 pm start was going to have to be in a non-westcoast city. The Cubs seemed liked the most logical fit for that start as the other host cities are East coast teams in Philly and Tampa and you have the game start at 9:30 or 10 local time which is obviously too late to start a game. I am pretty sure that come playoff time that start times are under the full discression of MLB and supercedes any agreement between the city and the team.

Game 2 here, and not too happy about that start time. But I'll take it.

Would they consider starting Twins/Sox vs Rays game at 10:00 am?

• Phil, have you heard anything about the condition of Oscar De La Cruz's elbow? Has there been talk of a time table? Is he throwing?

K Dub 2 hours 25 min ago view
  • i was distracted for most of the game and also missed the first few innings.

but yeah, any time he makes a good fielding+throwing play on D it's worthy of praise and a trip to pizza hut for a personal pan pizza and $1 worth of songs on the juke box.

seriously, i'll take it.

• BTW, CRUNCH, Lester made a nice bh pick-up and toss to Bryant. Did you catch it?

He's been workin' on the D!

• j.urias didn't have a good debut...

2.2ip 5h 4bb 3k...3 r/er...1 wp

81 pitches. yow.

• Ach - I really only saw it quickly and thought that's where it it. No matter - he crushed it and the video board people did not have to repair the panels from what I saw!

• Totally agree with that re Soler, whereas Bryant seems to get the close call (so far) this year.

Good to see Baez get a couple knocks today - been awhile

Eric S 9 hours 29 min ago view
  • that works too...there wasnt a good CSN replay...was going off whatever len or jd (dont remember) said.

• I was there. From what I saw it was upper third of the scoreboard

• No I have been thinking actually that he seems to lead the Cubs with balls called strikes all year. He really shouldn't be expanding his zone to swing at many of those either because it wouldn't lead to anything good. He's seeing the ball well though so hopefully it'll even out.

• So why don't the umps like Soler, or am I just imagining it?

Rob Richardson 10 hours 47 min ago view
  • Yeah, but he kills lefties.

• wow...instant hardcore rain.

rain delay.

• it was massive...hit off the bottom of the LF scoreboard.

• Projected at 461 ft, with a 108 mph exit velocity - longest Cub HR this year by 20 ft (I think Arrieta had the longest?)

Eric S 13 hours 38 min ago view
  • this team is full of horrible walkup music...rizzo uses 'marky mark and the funky bunch' more than he should...which is any at all.

d.ross uses alphaville 'forever young' because lulz.

lastella was using (still might be) 'oh what a night' by the four seasons.

turrible turrible stuff.