Theo to Cubs Ever so Close
This appears just about close to being finalized. Here's the latest and to open up a new set of comments.
- Epstein and family are apparently house hunting already in Chicago.
- Heyman tweets that there is a bit of discussion whether #cubs send cash or minor leaguers to #redsox for theo. so far boston prefers the $.
- Same article says ...an industry source said Tuesday that Cubs owner Tom Ricketts spoke with Epstein last week and that Epstein met with Cubs president Crane Kenney in Chicago last weekend (I presume to settle how much of Kenney's salary would be going to Epstein).
- Kaplan with a pretty thorough rundown of how the events transpired. I can't find it now, but I think it was Kaplan reporting that Epstein's very comfortable with Wilken and Fleita.
- Kevin Goldstein at BP and ESPN Insider (subscriptions required) goes over the state of the organization that Theo will inherit.
- George Ofman tweets: Word from sources close to situation: Ryne Sandberg not on Theo's short list to be manager at this time
Theo did try and hire Ryno to manage Pawtucket though last year, so even if he doesn't quite think he's big league ready, possibility as a major league coach could loom.
- Red Sox pull a page out of the Cubs playbook and start the smear campaign on Francona, Epstein and some of the players.
Some video of Epstein discussing player evaluation after the jump...
That's all for now folks...
carlos ruiz is still coming up to "air of night" by phil 'are you kidding me' collins in LA.
many years ago before phil collins it was a soulja boy song.
dude has odd taste in music. at least it's not yanni...i guess.
Funniest skybox ever
that was some joke ass official scoring giving him a double. either way, seager's on 2nd and soler's play in the OF is still sketchy.
Schwarber is worse right?
Seager with the two out double *cough* to left field in the bottom of the fourth. If Soler just plays that bunny hop off his nuts, it's a single - certainly no double.
rizzo is tired of SD/LA night games...yet another towering one that died on the warning track.
Vin's been around
Monty dropped a two strike curve on AGon
See I told you they were up to no good
My guy Addy
Vin and '84 legends
been like that everytime I've been there too including Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium. Cubs travel well. It was pretty loud for Angels/Cubs this year and decent for Dodgers/Cubs but Dodger fans definitely turn out better than the Padre fans.
When I went in the 2007-2008 range, it was at least 75% Cubs fans.
Jeff Sullivan on Kris Bryant's lack of clutch hitting in 2016. Very good stuff, unsatisfying conclusion (it's probably random).
I was at Tuesday's game in San Diego. It looked like half of Chicago was at Petco. We were much louder than Padres fans.
We may have a chance to catch one in October. Although hell, I couldn't deal with my co-workers if we lose to them.