Cubs Bunting Tourney Update and Other Notes
- Let's see if I kept track here correctly in the bunting tourney. First round winners to date include:
Position Player's Bracket
- (16) Szczur over (1) Lake
- (9) Cardenas over (8) Vitters
- (12) J. Mota over (5) Brenly
- (4) Lalli over (13) Adduci
- (11) B. Jackson over (6) Ha
- (3) W. Castillo over (14) Sappelt
- (7) Clevenger over (10) Campana
- (2) LaHair over (15) Rizzo
- (1) Mather over (16) E. Gonzalez
- (9) Barney over (8) Scales
- (5) Castro over (12) J. Jaramillo
- (4) Stewart over (13) Tolbert
- (11) Soto over (6) DeWitt
- (3) Baker over (14) Amezaga
- (7) Byrd over (10) Johnson
- (2) DeJesus over (15) Soriano
- (1) J. Beliveau over (16) A. Cabrera
- (8) L. Castillo over (9) C. Weathers
- (12) McNutt over (5) Carrilo
- (13) Dolis over (4) Jay Jackson
- (6) Rhee over (11) Gaub
- (14) Rusin over (3) Bussy
- (10) Maine over (7) Parker
- (2) Coleman over (15) Mateo
- (1) T. Wood over (16) Caridad
- (9) Samardzija over (8) Russell
- (12) Wells over (5) Volstad
- (4) Sonnastine over (13) Corpas
- (11) Marmol over (6) Garza
- (3) Maholm over (14) Lopez (originally postponed due to Maholm being sick)
- (10 Dempster over (7) T. Miller
- (15) Sveum over (2) Kerry Wood
2nd Round Matchups are:
Position Players' Bracket
- (9) Cardenas vs. (16) Szczur
- (4) Lalli vs. (12) Mota
- (3) W. Castillo vs. (11) B. Jackson
- (2) LaHair vs. (7) Clevenger
- (1) Mather vs. (9) Barney
- (4) Stewart vs. (5) Castro
- (3) Baker vs. (11) Soto
- (2) DeJesus vs. (7) Byrd
- (1) Beliveau vs. (8) L. Castillo
- (12) McNutt vs. (13) Dolis
- (6) Rhee vs. (14) Rusin
- (2) Coleman vs. (10) Maine
- (1) T. Wood vs. (9) Samardzija
- (4) Sonnastine vs. (12) Wells
- (11) Marmol vs. Maholm/Lopez winner (Update: Maholm beat Lopez)
- (10) Dempster vs. (15) Sveum
- It appears Jeff Samardzija is a bit of a Kenny Powers fan.
- The Cubs will play some intrasquad games Friday and Saturday, with Cactus League play beginning on Sunday. Rodrigo Lopez gets the starting nod on Sunday. He'll be followed by Ryan Dempster on Monday and Matt Garza on Tuesday.
- Carlos Marmol spent the offseason riding horses and starring in romantic novels or something like that.
Rosenthal does it again! Comes in with a 3-1 lead in the 9th -- double, BB, HR...ballgame.
Awesome. It wasn't long ago that he was kind of the best prospect coming through the system.
Third time I've tried to post this (forgive me if it winds up appearing three times)
Junior Lake, batting 9th and playing RF for the Blue Jays...
*That was a fun HALF inning.
this game is no longer awesome.
he did...it was awesome.
I'm pretty sure that Len called Bryant's home run a Brexit.
everyone but heyward with a hit and a 3 run lead with coghlan on 3rd through 5 batters. hell yeah.
...and almora contributes the final out. that was a fun inning.
this game is awesome already.
also, there's a lot of cubs fans in the park tonight.
Clearly, Joe Maddon is a Lineup Wizzard.
Maddon shore isn't afraid to bat a rookie 4th in the order.
how many pairs of dice did dusty leave hidden around the park when he left the cubs?
Line-up shakeup, going all-2015 with pitcher batting 8th, Bryant 2nd
J-Hey, Bryant 1B, Zobrist, Willson, Coghlan, Baez 3B, Russell, Hendricks, Almora