Some new apps for your iCubs.

If you're a modern, savvy human, then you gotta keep up with the times.
That means always getting the latest and newest stuff.

Like the iPhone 4 or the iPad 3 from Apple or...the latest version of the iCubs from Des Moines.
You say you can talk to "Siri" on your iPhone?
Big freakin' deal, bud.
Can Siri hit a 500 foot homer?
Can Siri play every position in the outfield?
Those only happen with the iCubs and their latest apps, Anthony Rizzo and Brett Jackson.
In fact, it's the beta version of these two, so you can see them in development.

Okay, straight talk.
I've been a Cub Fan for what can easily be termed a "Period" (like Jurassic or something).
Never been to Iowa, never seen the iCubs.
I have to think there are a bunch of Cub Fans like me who can't help but notice that some of the better Cub Talent might not be playing in Chicago, and decide to make a trip or two this summer.
They have beer there, right?
(btw, I did this post after trying to get an Iowa Cubs hat online, and finding they're sold out.)

Comments

I'll be seeing the iCubs in Round Rock, which is near where I live. Glad they sent Jackson and Rizzo down for more "seasoning". The word was they would be doing that, so I bought me some tickets.

Unfortunately the Cubs have an outdated and very expensive app called Sori.

It looks goods, says the right things but performs like a Commadore 64.

Nice one, jacos.
Watch for that illustration some time this season...

per mlbtr...

Cardinals release Koyie Hill. Somehow Westbrook, Garcia and Lohse's fastball just lost 5 mph.

cubs/indians on WGN.

Canzler starting in LF and Pie starting in CF for the Cleve.

pie caught napping by g.soto tagging up and taking 2nd on a fly ball out.

kinda hard to anticipate that happening, though...

i hope the "aggressive" cubs continues...only with less guys picked off and caught stealing with throws behind the runner. =p

27 year old Felix Pie

wow, still young

so much for guys busting ass to 1st on popups...real rules meets real world, again. modern baseball...woo.

also, boooooooooo on WGN/cubs for not displaying the radar gun results today.

bottom of the 2nd and they're displaying the gun. neat.

75-80mph sliders and 82-84mph fastballs.

this is a rather crap version of rodrigo lopez...or a badly calibrated gun.

melting down the mike fontenot statue to build one for joe mather

Can we take some time to admire Blake DeWitt's beard? It is beautiful this spring. He's been treating that thing with coconut oil or something.

But it's still got nothing on Mark DeRosa's gorgeous stubble.

free joe mather!

Dave Sappelt is also a sexy mothashutyourmouth.

way to admire that fly out short of the track sori

s.clevenger getting time at 1st...seems welly is due for another year in the minors. not much of a surprise, really....still, he'd be the backup (or starter) or some clubs this season, easy.

He might be the starter for the Cubs within the next 12 months or so if they get an offer they like for Soto.

Sullivan tweets that Sonnanstine opts for free agency rather than take assignment to Iowa.

Mike W. gives a sigh of relief. (so does the Iowa bullpen)

good luck to the team thinking of signing him

fwiw, matt bush released by the rays...not released from jail, though he finally got bail assigned yesterday ($1m).

Oh, never mind.

First trip ever to see I-Cubs this July ... though I also hope that Rizzo and Jackson will be in Chicago by then.

• j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

crunch 1 hour 8 min ago view
  • Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 4 hours 48 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 6 hours 33 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 12 hours 55 min ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 14 hours 50 min ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 20 min ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 28 min ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 44 min ago view
  • Game is officially called...also officially a tie.

Stats count, no make-up date of course.

Rob G. 1 day 46 min ago view
  • Yeah -- seeing the weather -- I hope KB and Rizz are inside, wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

billybucks 1 day 1 hour ago view