Some new apps for your iCubs.

If you're a modern, savvy human, then you gotta keep up with the times.
That means always getting the latest and newest stuff.

Like the iPhone 4 or the iPad 3 from Apple or...the latest version of the iCubs from Des Moines.
You say you can talk to "Siri" on your iPhone?
Big freakin' deal, bud.
Can Siri hit a 500 foot homer?
Can Siri play every position in the outfield?
Those only happen with the iCubs and their latest apps, Anthony Rizzo and Brett Jackson.
In fact, it's the beta version of these two, so you can see them in development.

Okay, straight talk.
I've been a Cub Fan for what can easily be termed a "Period" (like Jurassic or something).
Never been to Iowa, never seen the iCubs.
I have to think there are a bunch of Cub Fans like me who can't help but notice that some of the better Cub Talent might not be playing in Chicago, and decide to make a trip or two this summer.
They have beer there, right?
(btw, I did this post after trying to get an Iowa Cubs hat online, and finding they're sold out.)

Comments

I'll be seeing the iCubs in Round Rock, which is near where I live. Glad they sent Jackson and Rizzo down for more "seasoning". The word was they would be doing that, so I bought me some tickets.

Unfortunately the Cubs have an outdated and very expensive app called Sori.

It looks goods, says the right things but performs like a Commadore 64.

Nice one, jacos.
Watch for that illustration some time this season...

per mlbtr...

Cardinals release Koyie Hill. Somehow Westbrook, Garcia and Lohse's fastball just lost 5 mph.

cubs/indians on WGN.

Canzler starting in LF and Pie starting in CF for the Cleve.

pie caught napping by g.soto tagging up and taking 2nd on a fly ball out.

kinda hard to anticipate that happening, though...

i hope the "aggressive" cubs continues...only with less guys picked off and caught stealing with throws behind the runner. =p

27 year old Felix Pie

wow, still young

so much for guys busting ass to 1st on popups...real rules meets real world, again. modern baseball...woo.

also, boooooooooo on WGN/cubs for not displaying the radar gun results today.

bottom of the 2nd and they're displaying the gun. neat.

75-80mph sliders and 82-84mph fastballs.

this is a rather crap version of rodrigo lopez...or a badly calibrated gun.

melting down the mike fontenot statue to build one for joe mather

Can we take some time to admire Blake DeWitt's beard? It is beautiful this spring. He's been treating that thing with coconut oil or something.

But it's still got nothing on Mark DeRosa's gorgeous stubble.

free joe mather!

Dave Sappelt is also a sexy mothashutyourmouth.

way to admire that fly out short of the track sori

s.clevenger getting time at 1st...seems welly is due for another year in the minors. not much of a surprise, really....still, he'd be the backup (or starter) or some clubs this season, easy.

He might be the starter for the Cubs within the next 12 months or so if they get an offer they like for Soto.

Sullivan tweets that Sonnanstine opts for free agency rather than take assignment to Iowa.

Mike W. gives a sigh of relief. (so does the Iowa bullpen)

good luck to the team thinking of signing him

fwiw, matt bush released by the rays...not released from jail, though he finally got bail assigned yesterday ($1m).

Oh, never mind.

First trip ever to see I-Cubs this July ... though I also hope that Rizzo and Jackson will be in Chicago by then.

• "The Boston Red Sox were banned from signing any international players for the next year and had five of their teenage prospects declared free agents on Friday after a Major League Baseball investigation showed they circumvented signing-bonus rules last year, a source familiar with the situation told Yahoo Sports."

Rob Richardson 2 hours 32 min ago view
  • The thing with Heyward is its not just free agency. He is way under performing his career #s. He's making the same % of contact but his soft contact is much higher and hard contact much lower than all his previous years so there is something very specifically going on this year causing the issues. Chances are he will eventually get back to his previous #s and it's better to get the slump now and get that hot run later but I wish I knew what is different about this year. He's either just not seeing the ball as well or a swing change is causing it.

• Only 3 pitches for Leathersich. Not much of a rehab outing.

Thanks for the reporting Phil.

QuietMan 2 hours 59 min ago view
  • He's the nastiest pitcher I've seen in awhile. I'm gonna give them all a mulligan on this one.

Coghlan's strike out was more disappointing. He was fighting off a lot of pitches and not swinging at crap, and on the last pitch, he swung at stuff he was laying off, and struck out.

And Heyward, too. I don't blame Heyward - I blame free agency. I hate it. You almost never get a valid return on the investment.

I look forward to the day when ball players own the teams. The current economics are not sustainable.

Old and Blue 4 hours 53 sec ago view
  • Oh, I'm sure you're right. He's not 27-27 in saves for nothing. But, man, I hope they learned last night that he didn't throw a single pitch in the zone to KB, Contreras or Baez, and they all just kept swinging.

• Sounds like a much better game than last night's fiasco in Flushing.

• I'm pretty sure it looks like a sweet pitch on the way in. How many sinkers like that are there at 98 mph? I agree that they should just do a Lackey and stand their with their bat on their shoulders until he throws a strike next time, but I can see how that's hard to do.

The bullpen, on the other hand, is a mess, and Heyward is starting to piss me off.

• I noticed that too. He's getting to everything, but when he gets right under it on a high flyball he looks uncomfortable

cubbies.4ever 15 hours 27 sec ago view
  • Did you expect anything different?

• Wow, did they blow this game. Stupid plays by the kids in the 7th -- Almora throwing to 3rd instead of 2nd to keep the DP in order (when a DP probably wins the game) and Baez throwing to 3rd (to a backpedalling KB) instead of getting the easy 2nd out at first - cost them the game. Also, Contreras almost throws the ball into RF on a nonexistent pick-off play. And Maddon, for using Peralta in the first place. Did they do a bunch of shots in the dugout before the 7th? Unbelievably bad baseball. I thought Almora had a high baseball IQ?

• men on 2nd/3rd, 0 out...and nothing.

cubs lose :(

• UH OH! RALLY TIME!

• Getting tired of this Heywood weak sauce

jacos 16 hours 45 min ago view
  • Yep, can't say I disagree with that. His first batter and resulting walk was just brutal. Reminded me of a bit of Jacque Jones spiking his throws into the ground from RF.

Eric S 16 hours 54 min ago view

fixed that for ya.

• The use of Peralta in any semblance of a high leverage situation is questionable at best. Hind sight is easy but Peralta had nothing.

Eric S 17 hours 9 min ago view