Some new apps for your iCubs.

If you're a modern, savvy human, then you gotta keep up with the times.
That means always getting the latest and newest stuff.

Like the iPhone 4 or the iPad 3 from Apple or...the latest version of the iCubs from Des Moines.
You say you can talk to "Siri" on your iPhone?
Big freakin' deal, bud.
Can Siri hit a 500 foot homer?
Can Siri play every position in the outfield?
Those only happen with the iCubs and their latest apps, Anthony Rizzo and Brett Jackson.
In fact, it's the beta version of these two, so you can see them in development.

Okay, straight talk.
I've been a Cub Fan for what can easily be termed a "Period" (like Jurassic or something).
Never been to Iowa, never seen the iCubs.
I have to think there are a bunch of Cub Fans like me who can't help but notice that some of the better Cub Talent might not be playing in Chicago, and decide to make a trip or two this summer.
They have beer there, right?
(btw, I did this post after trying to get an Iowa Cubs hat online, and finding they're sold out.)

Comments

I'll be seeing the iCubs in Round Rock, which is near where I live. Glad they sent Jackson and Rizzo down for more "seasoning". The word was they would be doing that, so I bought me some tickets.

Unfortunately the Cubs have an outdated and very expensive app called Sori.

It looks goods, says the right things but performs like a Commadore 64.

Nice one, jacos.
Watch for that illustration some time this season...

per mlbtr...

Cardinals release Koyie Hill. Somehow Westbrook, Garcia and Lohse's fastball just lost 5 mph.

cubs/indians on WGN.

Canzler starting in LF and Pie starting in CF for the Cleve.

pie caught napping by g.soto tagging up and taking 2nd on a fly ball out.

kinda hard to anticipate that happening, though...

i hope the "aggressive" cubs continues...only with less guys picked off and caught stealing with throws behind the runner. =p

27 year old Felix Pie

wow, still young

so much for guys busting ass to 1st on popups...real rules meets real world, again. modern baseball...woo.

also, boooooooooo on WGN/cubs for not displaying the radar gun results today.

bottom of the 2nd and they're displaying the gun. neat.

75-80mph sliders and 82-84mph fastballs.

this is a rather crap version of rodrigo lopez...or a badly calibrated gun.

melting down the mike fontenot statue to build one for joe mather

Can we take some time to admire Blake DeWitt's beard? It is beautiful this spring. He's been treating that thing with coconut oil or something.

But it's still got nothing on Mark DeRosa's gorgeous stubble.

free joe mather!

Dave Sappelt is also a sexy mothashutyourmouth.

way to admire that fly out short of the track sori

s.clevenger getting time at 1st...seems welly is due for another year in the minors. not much of a surprise, really....still, he'd be the backup (or starter) or some clubs this season, easy.

He might be the starter for the Cubs within the next 12 months or so if they get an offer they like for Soto.

Sullivan tweets that Sonnanstine opts for free agency rather than take assignment to Iowa.

Mike W. gives a sigh of relief. (so does the Iowa bullpen)

good luck to the team thinking of signing him

fwiw, matt bush released by the rays...not released from jail, though he finally got bail assigned yesterday ($1m).

Oh, never mind.

First trip ever to see I-Cubs this July ... though I also hope that Rizzo and Jackson will be in Chicago by then.

• Phil, I just wanted to say thank you for diligently tracking the Cubs prospects in extended spring training and sharing your knowledge with us. It's remarkable how you're able to keep box scores for multiple games at once. I, and I'm sure others here, appreciate the data and insight you provide for us.

K Dub 2 hours 17 min ago view
  • Thanks PHIL.

Boy, that is a nifty K:BB ratio Hudson has going at almost 4:1!

I hope he continues improving.

• And of course the Bucs won again playing AZ (not PHIL). They dont seem to have a problem yet with the bottom feeders.

They picked up 3 games this last week.

I'm looking forward to them coming to the Chi.

• Don't mess with the SI jinx. Since the Javy/Cubs cover came out, he is 2-for-20 with no walks.

• BRADSBEARD: If all three are assigned to Eugene, the Cubs can play Galindo, Paredes, and Paniagua at the same time by moving Paredes between SS-3B-DH, Galindo between 3B-1B-DH, and Paniagua between 1B-LF-DH.

The Cubs like to have their players (including their minor leaguers) learn to play more than one position even if they eventually are projected to settle at one spot, and I suspect that will be reflected at Eugene, with just about everybody who will be assigned there able to play at least two positions.

Arizona Phil 9 hours 14 min ago view
  • Thanks - at least the scorer was consistent

Eric S 9 hours 28 min ago view
  • I don't think the error call was completely out of the blue but the ball took a very bad hop and would have taken a very good play to get it. Same with one of the Stella throws where I think it could have easily been ruled a hit. Neither were cut and dry calls though imo.

• chased a high fastball...

I think his BABIP during his run has been around .950

• Great stuff CubbyBlue!!! I think it inspired today's six spot as well.

Eric S 10 hours 16 min ago view
  • That's all fine and good, but I think it's short-changing the Arrieta-like affect of his beard

Eric S 10 hours 20 min ago view
  • Was the error scored on Zobrist's third ab ruled correctly? Ron was saying that it was a pretty tough chance for the fielder

Eric S 10 hours 29 min ago view
  • Did anybody see that Zobrist strikeout?

That was extremely disappointing.

• Strangest win of the year, and one of the sweetest. Twice I thought it was easily in the bag, then after the first 2 hitters in the 9th I thought all was lost. Big game for Grimm, Strop & Rondon. But, man, those Cards can hit for power.

• Very satisfying, gut-check win today. The beers on the trip back to Chicago are going to taste fantastic.

Eric S 12 hours 57 min ago view
  • It's still very early but this game felt very important to me and probably knocked 2 years off my life. Seemed like every inning was big.

• Yes then they moved him two spot then not so much, back batting 7th