Should be gorgeous weather on Opening Day.

Seriously, can't believe how fabulous the weather's been.

I've had the top down almost every day for a couple weeks now.
Yep, can't wait for Opening Day.

(if only I could spell "gorgeous")

Comments

"With the rotation basically set and Joe Mather expected to win the final bench spot, one or two bullpen spots remain in flux, as is the backup catcher battle between Welington Castillo and Steve Clevenger."

[ ]

"Garza said he wanted to stay in and was surprised Sveum came out to get him. He had entered the inning at 65 pitches with a pitch count limit of 80."

'"I was like 'What are you doing out here? It's the fifth,'" Garza said. "He said: 'You have 80 pitches.' I said: 'I don't care.' And he said 'Well, I do. I still have to keep my job the next couple of years.'"'

On the radio this am, I heard the 1 word forecast including opening day: Frigid

Typical.

The Braves have released RHP Aaron Shafer, a 2nd round pick by the Cubs in 2008.

Ha...great toon.

Well done Tim, well done indeed.

One of your best!

Had me cracking up out loud..

As deniro told crystal in 'analyze this' - 'you...you're good, you...'

Wow. Thanks all!

• I love winning! It's, like, better than losing?

billybucks 1 hour 4 min ago view
  • LOLLYGAGGERS!

Dusty Baylor 2 hours 28 min ago view
  • You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!

Jackstraw 5 hours 12 min ago view
  • Its too bad Warren didnt get to pitch. He would have saved us.

• Whoa -- that Contreras play in the 8th looked too much like a "Schwarber" -- nearly crashed into the wall going full speed, with Heyward doing the same.

New rule: if you are a catcher playing LF, and find yourself sprinting after a fly ball in the gap -- stop, let the CF go after it and get ready to play it off the wall.

• Cubs have no spark and no life. Pretty boring to watch these days.

• I thought trips to Miami were supposed to be fun. This one sucked.

The bottom half of the bullpen now turns close games into blowout losses. Not good.

Once Fowler went to the DL, the team went into the tank. Wonder if he'll get any love this offseason? Probably not.

• 6IP, 2ER. The last one scored because of another botched Zobrist DP turn.

And now, a bad throw by KB. Sloppy.

billybucks 8 hours 3 sec ago view
  • What is it with Hammel always starting well and sucking after a couple months?

• Ahhh...sad. Lke a few of you here, I saw him play during the '69-'71 seasons. He was the "hot Zobrist" for the club in August/September of '69 while everyone else was fizzling out...

• I predict: "They will play hard and if they give the same effort every day, they'll win a lot of games."

• OK, boys -- find a way to win today.

• There's some BA is missing too, here's all signing bonus BA doesn't have some:

-6 Hockin $241,000 (slot price), 7 Cruz $75,000 (saved $110,00), 8 Ridlings $120,000 (saved $53,800), 9 Robinson $30,000 (saved $132,300), so far the Cubs have saved an extra $297,100

cubbies.4ever 13 hours 6 sec ago view
  • per Muscat...
    Zobrist (2B), Hayward (CF), Bryant (3B), Rizzo, Contreras (LF), Montero, Russell, Coghlan (RF), Hammel

Cubster 13 hours 8 min ago view
  • Also -- despite losing 6 of their last 10, the Cubs picked up a game on both STL and PIT during that period. Weird, given that they swept PIT and were swept by STL.

• Also, I'd like to know if there are numbers to back up my suspicion that there are a lot more fast starts than late June romps. This seems like a time where everybody not named Willson Contreras is looking a little tired and/or banged up a bit.

For once, the Cubs got off to a fast start. Seems like I've been waiting for that for 50 years.Everybody is really gunning for this team, too. It's their playoffs.