Please give to the Score Some Runs for Ryan Foundation, Cubs.

As you read the following, furrow your brow and in your head use your sappiest, most serious voice.

Sometimes, life isn't fair.
Sometimes, the breaks don't come.
And sometimes, you might be able to do something about it.

So come on you Cubs.
Won't you help?
Starlin and Darwin and Alfonso: Ryan needs you.
Bryan, Tony, Ian and Jeffy...please give.
It's up to you, Wellington and Joe, Reed and Geo.
A hit.
A run.
Whatever you can find in your heart to give.
Operators are standing by now, just call 1-800-RUNS4RYAN.
You'll be so glad you did.

Comments

Today's lineup is in and Soriano sits.

DeJesus RF
Campana CF
Castro SS
LaHair 1B
Stewart 3B
Soto C
Cardenas LF
Barney 2B
Maholm P

So what are we thinking June 1 for Rizzo?

I thought June 23rd was the day where the Cubs would delay his free agency for another season.

Soriano's knee is sore, that's why he is sitting.

and he sucks

Hey he's got 14 RBI's!!! Lol...
.253/.276./303....ugh. Small sample, yes. Still crappy.

This is what teams do when they let a guy wiith a reputation go. Actually, I think it shows some class.

And CubbyBlue, that was your best effort.

I rarely enjoy animated GIF's but that was great.

Old and Blue - while I don't really comment that much, I do try to keep up on reading. Thank you.

14 rbi's is third on the team.

Can't use nobody is getting on base in front of him - .372 is the OBP average among Dejesus, Camp, Lahair, Castro

great work, even without sally struthers!

• Chapman shouldn't be reserved anymore on 40 man.

chitownmvp01 2 hours 27 min ago view
  • Interesting split on Heyward according to ESPN. As a CF, his slash line .292/.363/.375/.738. At RF: .212/.204/.300/.604. 21/72 as a CF, 58/273 as a RF.

He's also been better when batting 2nd, but he had a nice start in the 6 hole, but has slumped ever since. He was heating up before the All Star break, but is only hitting .108 in the 2nd half.

chitownmvp01 2 hours 35 min ago view
  • When we played the Reds with Chapman, I always thought of it as an eight-inning game. So now other teams have eight innings to try to get a lead against the Cubs. Should be a challenge, assuming three or four Cubs ever start hitting again.

I don't really try to get to know and like these players personally. I'm rooting for laundry, for the most part. Exceptions might be when a player makes trouble in the clubhouse or in the dugout. (Zambrano and Bradley come to mind. Also Papelbon.) But I don't think Chapman is one of those jerks.

VirginiaPhil 6 hours 8 min ago view
  • Unfortunately, a pretty good summary. It looks like next year Heyward will be getting yet another batting stance adjustment.

The recent good news has been Baez. I'm afraid about the next league adjustment on him, though, which is probably right around the corner.

Bryant I don't worry about too much. Just not seeing the ball well right now. He'll turn it around. Russell's been good with men in scoring position all year and he's 22ish. He'll be fine but next year is likely to be his breakout year.

• If Travis' back-to-back-to-back walks cost Hendricks the ERA title, that would really suck.

• Edit: "A lifeless loss to a lousy Sox team."

• This place is a real downer after a loss to the Sox.

• I expect they will go 5-9 games above .500 the rest of the year. 96-98 wins will win the Division.

They should have one more 2-3 week hot streak in them.

However, several players are just "average" for the last month: Zobrist, Ross, Russell, Ceasar. Montero is terrible, plus he cannot throw anyone out. -WAR. Heyward is abysmal at the plate, but a plus in the OF. Still with RISP he has been terrible. KB has not been driving in runs as of late. But Apparently the team is still above average with RISP according to S Sahadev.

• I came to that realization tonight. I kept expecting them to play better, but now I realize they aren't going to. They are a .500 team now.
    - They have one reliable starting pitcher. Jake's magic is gone, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. Lester has been lousy recently. Lackey's ERA goes up every time he pitches.
    - Heyward has been dead weight all year. I can't remember a single series where he was a significant offensive contributor. Not one. Great defense, but but if he were hitting .270 with 10 HR and played average defense, the Cubs would be better off.

• new rule...no one's allowed to throw k.bryant a changeup

• Team is .500 since early May and is playing like a .500 team. Lack of offense seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the pitchers...and they aren't handling it terribly well.

.500 the rest of the way still may win the division though.

blockhead25 18 hours 34 min ago view
  • ...i hate espn.

nothing like settling into a cubs game to get a few minutes cutaway for an ortiz AB in the 6th inning of the det/bos game.

oh, at least they're doing split screen now...i guess.

• I'm liking this rookie Nathan.

CTSteve 18 hours 50 min ago view
  • Richard DFA'd. Meh...

• Throwbacks with fashionable cutouts would be a nice touch.

Charlie 1 day 14 min ago view
  • The next 2 games are nationally televised. I think we dominate tonight, hitting 3 HRs off Shields. Great night for KB to end HR drought facing HR prone pitcher in one of the most hitter friendly parks in the league.

chitownmvp01 1 day 47 min ago view