Please give to the Score Some Runs for Ryan Foundation, Cubs.

As you read the following, furrow your brow and in your head use your sappiest, most serious voice.

Sometimes, life isn't fair.
Sometimes, the breaks don't come.
And sometimes, you might be able to do something about it.

So come on you Cubs.
Won't you help?
Starlin and Darwin and Alfonso: Ryan needs you.
Bryan, Tony, Ian and Jeffy...please give.
It's up to you, Wellington and Joe, Reed and Geo.
A hit.
A run.
Whatever you can find in your heart to give.
Operators are standing by now, just call 1-800-RUNS4RYAN.
You'll be so glad you did.

Comments

Today's lineup is in and Soriano sits.

DeJesus RF
Campana CF
Castro SS
LaHair 1B
Stewart 3B
Soto C
Cardenas LF
Barney 2B
Maholm P

So what are we thinking June 1 for Rizzo?

I thought June 23rd was the day where the Cubs would delay his free agency for another season.

Soriano's knee is sore, that's why he is sitting.

and he sucks

Hey he's got 14 RBI's!!! Lol...
.253/.276./303....ugh. Small sample, yes. Still crappy.

This is what teams do when they let a guy wiith a reputation go. Actually, I think it shows some class.

And CubbyBlue, that was your best effort.

I rarely enjoy animated GIF's but that was great.

Old and Blue - while I don't really comment that much, I do try to keep up on reading. Thank you.

14 rbi's is third on the team.

Can't use nobody is getting on base in front of him - .372 is the OBP average among Dejesus, Camp, Lahair, Castro

great work, even without sally struthers!

• crunch 3 hours 35 min ago view
  • My guy Addy

jacos 3 hours 35 min ago view
  • oh, another a.russell HR...whatever.

• Dylan Cease throwing gas tonight for the Emeralds. In first three innings, has hit 100 mph six times, averaging 98 mph

Eric S 4 hours 8 min ago view
  • Can I get a gif of Joe West's jowls waving as he chews gum?

/Asking for a friend

jacos 4 hours 32 min ago view
  • my gawd...that castillo-to-bryant pickoff was a thing of beauty. the knock on him in the minors being slow out of the crouch is looking less like a thing.

• bless your heart. *pinches cheeks*

• real shame I missed this week's episode of The Crunch Reporter.

It's highly unusual.

It does matter a little.

It matters much less than you think.

• four winds field is awesome. it's crazy how minor league parks have "grown up" since the 80s/90s and that park was one of the late-80s models that showed a low-capacity ballpark could look like you're at something other than a highschool baseball game.

• On another topic....I returned to South Bend last night for the 2nd time this season (still haven't tried either the deep-fried mac & cheese sandwich nor "The Porknado", as the drive home is over an hour and that could get ugly), and was pleasantly surprised to find D. Underwood pitching in a rehab start. He looked good -- although, to be fair, these are low-A hitters -- fastball consistently at 94-95 (if the SB scoreboard is to be believed -- several pitches were clocked in the 30s...) and with good location.

• he gains nothing, no advantage, no saving of resources, nothing...there is not a cost/benefit tradeoff...him letting the running game go on around him for others to control isn't gaining him an advantage elsewhere. it's putting him at a disadvantage even if it's not cashed in with a run.

• And out of respect for the rest of TCR, I'm done on this. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the other camp, but time to let it go. (Until the next Lester start. I kid.)

#baseballtalk

Tito 14 hours 40 min ago view
  • He is putting himself at a disadvanage. But how much of one relative to the rest of his game? He's not Justin Germano -- he's inarguably one of the best SPs in baseball, issue or not. It would be more of thing to discuss ad nauseum if it constantly caused him to give up runs and lose games. But it doesn't.

#baseballtalk

Tito 14 hours 50 min ago view
  • shouting down my points about lester with "well, it didn't hurt" is like saying it doesn't matter if a guy starts out walking 3 guys every inning as long it's followed by a K and a double play.

it's like elevating ERA and wins to a high level while ignoring what it took to get there.

• I'm asking how much it has hurt Lester and the Cubs this year. Do you have that answer?

I legitimately don't recall you answering that quesion, apart from the condescending silliness you just posted. So if you did answer specifically about the impact of Lester's issue, I'd like to re-read it. Thanks.

#baseballtalk

Tito 15 hours 9 min ago view
  • if runner = on base and pitcher = j.lester then lead = large

if lead = large then probability of extra base on following hit > average of mean

okay, enough of that silliness...

...you can read more on the thread i copy/pasted this from the last time you decided you needed to talk to me about me.