Cubs Opening Day 2013

The Internet ate my homework...let's try that again.

Game 1: Cubs @ Pirates 12:35 PM CST

vs. AJ Burnett

2012: 3.51 ERA/3.52 FIP

vs. Jeff Samardzija

2012: 3.81 ERA/3.55 FIP

*D. DeJesus, CF S. Marte, LF
S. Castro, SS * G. Jones, RF
*A. Rizzo, 1B A. McCutchen, CF
A. Soriano, LF *P. Alvarez, 3B
*N. Schierholtz, RF G. Sanchez, 1B
W. Castillo, C #N. Walker, 2B
*L. Valbuena, 3B R. Martin, C
B. Lillibridge, 2B C. Barmes, SS
J. Samardzija, P A.J. Burnett, SP

The weather is around 40 degrees in Pittsburgh and all the MLB Network cutaways to the park show it snowing. Yet, the weather forecast says it should pass by game time, although I imagine a delay is possibility. If the game does get in, join me(and hopefully others)in Parachat to pass the time.

Before the game, Darwin Barney was indeed placed on the disabled list and he'll join Matt Garza, Ian Stewart, Scott Baker and Arodys Vizcaino to start the season. Alberto Gonzalez will get the active roster spot and pitcher Robert Whitenack was the 40-man casualty as he was DFA'd. Doubtful in my opinion that he'll get claimed by anyone unless the Astros are feeling frisky.

Comments

This line up sucks.

yay!

BASEBALL!!!!

Wow, only took Harper until the second pitch to crush one. 1-0 Nats.

He hit that one out while standing on one foot.

Jackie Bradley Jr. works an 0-2 count into a walk from Sabathia...impressive, most impressive.

Marlon Byrd batting 5th...heh.

~THUNDER~

Glad to see Brett Lillibridge continues his production of suck on the North Side.

It has to be pathetic that there is no one better in the minors than this shit.

Not looking forward to Marmol pitching the 9th.

I'll give you $2 to kneecap him.

Done.

Good day for the players that matter.

Did they DFA Marmol yet?

Tony Four Sacks-1

3 pitcher 9th's. Hmmm. Better bullpen result than last years start with Wood/Marmol burning down the house.

ChicagoCubsOnline [email protected] 2m
RT @GDubCub Sveum says Marmol still closer,but if Marm doesn't have it, he's not going to be patient. You'll see more 9th innings like today

He's not cut out for it.

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 2 hours 48 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 3 hours 14 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.