Sunday Funnies: Samardzija can't buy a win

Comments

Awesome. Love looking at Alec Bald's pitching arm. Shaped similar to Marmol yesterday.

Thanks Cubster. Marmol wears me out.

Great work CB. As the kids say, so much win. As Smarj says, so much.

4 straight hits (and a wild pitch) to start the 4th for e.jackson...3 runs in...at least he's better than halladay...which isn't saying much this season.

cubs with 19 WP this season and 4 PB.

4 straight 2-out hits for the cubs...4-3 cin/chc in the bottom 5th.

marmol in to pitch the 6th...earliest appearance in a game since 08.

...and s.camp comes into the 7th to throw his 87mph heat and screw up the close game.

6-3 cin/chc.

That's exactly as fast as my friend threw when he went undrafted. #dfa

...and the cubs lose...7-4

11-20 on the season.

fuji goes 1ip 0h 1bb 2k for iowa

verlander no-hitter through 6...98 pitches, though.

...and it's over in the 7th after 1 out.

baseball is better...when the Cubs play against the bad teams.

Cubs move to 4th in the 2014 draft...

Too soon?

when the "hell yeah" cry of cubs fans this offseason signing class was "wait until we see what we can get for these guys in june" i think everyone gave up before the race started.

i'm waiting for the low-point where fans on message boards are cheering losses for a better draft slot. i imagine that should heat up around august.

why wait? A loss in May is as valuable as one during the dog days.

the cubs have a better record than TOR and the same record as LAA. applying pre-season logic, the cubs are doing extraordinary.

Rob G. 10 min 36 sec ago view

johann 19 min 11 sec ago view
  • I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

Rob G. 22 min 38 sec ago view

The E-Man 32 min 7 sec ago view
  • I'd prefer it not happen too.

Rob G. 58 min 56 sec ago view

crunch 1 hour 2 min ago view
  • Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

Charlie 1 hour 14 min ago view
  • obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

Rob G. 1 hour 14 min ago view
  • Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

The E-Man 1 hour 36 min ago view
  • I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.

Old and Blue 1 hour 41 min ago view
  • Heyman, Wiatt, and Sharma are definitely reliable sources. Wiatt and Sharma have a ton of connections with the FO, and Heyman is one of the national guys who usually breaks stories first along with Rosenthal and Passan.

John Beasley 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • Twitter is even more nonsensical with names and rumors than usual right now. I'd wait for a real confirmation from someone reputable at this point before getting too worked up.

Old and Blue 1 hour 48 min ago view
  • wow.

a'ite then. i mean, at least they're getting one of the best at a young/durable age even if there's a heavy price to pay for it.

crunch 1 hour 52 min ago view
  • i pretty much assumed this would be one of the last kinds of things they'd do...give up a top prospect (probably the best in the system) to get 1/2(ish) year of a reliever followed by multiple years locked in at his market value.

i wonder if there's other players going back/forth, too.

i mean, it's not like it's a horrible thing...this is just something that seems out of profile.

crunch 1 hour 54 min ago view
  • Suspend him for the rest of the year and get him ready for the Schwarber era?

Old and Blue 1 hour 55 min ago view
  • Sadahev Sharma says the names are done. Torres and other parts for Chapman only.

John Beasley 1 hour 56 min ago view