How much longer will "it is what it is" apply to the Cubs?

Not gonna talk about the Cubs getting swept by Pittsburgh today.

But somewhere in the last week or two, not exactly sure (but maybe it was about Ian Stewart or something), I heard SOMEbody say "it is what it is".
Or maybe I've heard it about a thousand times. Can't really remember.
But it's the most annoying cliché ever.
I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and it was voted #1 cliché of two thousand frickin' four
That's a long time for a cliché to hang around.
It also says it means "fuck it" or "implies helplessness" and that it's "popular within the circles of coaches".
Does it apply to our favorite baseball team?
Yep...

But today I'd rather look forward!
Think about the day when "it is what it is" will die.

Because in the grand scheme of all the history of baseball, the time between now and when the Cubs can "contend" is like... Well, say you were a mosquito and you only lived for 105 minutes? Then the time between now and when the Cubs would contend is only like a couple minutes!

Awesome, right?

Okay, just wanted to pick up your spirits there!
Have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend and...
Go Cubs!

Comments

Bill Clinton wants to know what is is.

a little less than 2 weeks til the draft...

M.Appel - 98.1ip 77h 21bb 121k - 2.20era
J.Gray - 110ip 69h 21bb 127k - 1.55era

K.Bryant - 203ab 69h 12db 30hr 60bb 38k 7/11sb - .340/.504 avg/ob% (9 errors/55 games playing 3rd)

a bit hard to hear...and a heavy on "bad" language (and humor)

Soriano's lack of awareness carries on past the diamond....

says he's tired of losing, doesn't want to be on a team with a bad record

yet is still on team with bad record after not wanting to be traded to Giants last year

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 4 hours 24 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 4 hours 49 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.