Cubs Negotiation List
Players selected in the MLB First-Year Player Draft (MLB Rule 4 Draft) are placed on a club's Negotiation List.
In most cases, a player selected by a club in the Rule 4 Draft will remain on the club's Negotiation List until either the player signs, or until 5:00 PM (EDT) on the Friday that falls during the week July 12-18 (whichever comes first), and if a club does not sign a Rule 4 Draft pick by the deadline, the player is removed from the club's Negotiation List and becomes eligible for selection again in the next Rule 4 Draft in which the player would be eligible for selection. The exception to this rule is any college senior with no baseball eligibility left. This class of player remains on the club's Negotiation List until the player signs or until one week prior to the next Rule 4 Draft (whichever comes first).
Also, any player eligible for selection in the Rule 4 Draft who is not drafted ("Non-Drafted Free-Agent" or "NDFA") can sign with any club at any time up until one week prior to the next Rule 4 Draft, unless the NDFA has college baseball eligibility remaining and is presently enrolled in a junior college or four-year college or enrolls in a junior college or four-year college subsequent to the Rule 4 Draft), in which case the July signing deadline applies.
A player selected in the MLB Rule 4 Draft or a Rule 4 eligible NDFA cannot be signed to a Major League contract.
A club is not permitted to select a player in the Rule 4 Draft two years in a row, unless the player gives his approval in advance.
CUBS NEGOTIATION LIST (updated 6-8-2013):
1. Kris Bryant, 3B (U. of San Diego) - JR
2. Rob Zastryzny, LHP (U. of Missouri) - JR
3. Jacob Hannemann, OF (BYU) - draft-eligible FR
4. Tyler Skulina, RHP (Kent State) - JR
5. Trey Masek, RHP (Texas Tech) - JR
6. Scott Frazier, RHP (Pepperdine) - JR
7. David Garner, RHP (Michigan State) - JR
8. Sam Wilson, LHP (Lamar CC) - JC3
9. Charcer Burks, OF (William B. Travis HS - Richmond, TX) - HS (NOTE: U. of Florida recruit)
10. Zack Godley, RHP (U. of Tennessee) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
11. Jordan Hankins, C (Austin Peay) - JR
12. Trevor Clifton, RHP (Heritage HS - Maryville, TN) - HS (NOTE: U. of Kentucky recruit)
13. Trevor Graham, RHP (Franklin Pierce) - JR
14. Daniel Poncedeleon, RHP (U. of Houston) - JR
15. Michael Wagner, RHP (U. of San Diego) - JR
16. Cael Brockmeyer, C (Cal State - Bakersfield) - JR
17. Kelvin Freeman, 1B (North Carolina A&T) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
18. Giuseppe Papaccio, SS (Seton Hall) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
19. Will Remillard, C (Coastal Carolina) - JR
20. Zak Blair, 2B (Mercyhurst College) - SR-5th - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
21. Josh McCauley, RHP (Shepherd U.) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
22. Kevin Brown, LF (Bryant U.) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
23. Tyler Ihrig, LHP (Marin CC) - JC2
24. Tyler Alamo, C (Cypress HS - Cypress, CA) - HS (NOTE: Cal State - Fullerton recruit)
25. Marcus Doi, OF (Mid-Pacific Institute - Honolulu, HI) - HS (NOTE: U. of Hawaii recruit)
26. Carlos Pena, C (Southwest Miami HS - Miami, FL) - HS
27. Tyler Sciacca, 2B (Villanova) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
28. Brad Renner, RHP (Florida State College) - JC2
29. John Garcia, CF (Denbigh HS - Newport News, VA) - HS
30. Zak Hermans, RHP (Princeton) - SR - NO COLLEGE ELIGIBILITY LEFT
31. Sean Johnson, RHP (Iowa Western CC) - JC1
32. Keaton Leach, RHP (Glendale CC) - JC1 (NOTE: Fresno State recruit)
33. Chris Madera, CF (Northwest Florida State College) - JC2
34. Jake Thompson, RHP (Siuslaw HS - Florence, OR) - HS (NOTE: Oregon State recruiit)
35. Ramsey Romano, SS (Valhalla HS - El Cajon, CA) - HS (NOTE: U. of Michigan recruit)
36. Derek Campbell, SS (U. of California) - JR
37. Jeremy Martinez, C (Mater Dei HS - Santa Ana, CA) - HS (NOTE: USC recruit)
38. Zack Brown, RHP (Seymour HS - Seymour, IN) - HS (NOTE: U.of Kentucky recruit)
39. Josh Greene, CF (Forest HS - Ocala, FL) - HS (NOTE: High Point U. recruit)
40. Bubby Riley, LF (Delgado CC) - JC2 (NOTE: NC State recruit)
Dusty already has blue and red wrist bands.
a day old, but fwiw...
Carrie Muskat @CarrieMuskat · Oct 4
Theo and Jed at Miller Park to talk to #Cubs Maddon and staff. Playoff roster to be finalized by Wednesday morning
I'm guessing the order is the other way around.
cc sab going into alcohol rehab, missing the post-season for the yanks.
no bud black? cold.
Break up the Cubs!
MLB.com throws out two names to manage the Nats: Dave Martinez and Wally Backman.
matt williams (WAS) fired...shocker. he lost control and confidence of that clubhouse way before papelbum got there.
having a roster chock full of egomaniacs and assholes doesn't help.
he won 'manager of the year' last year, fwiw.
If he were dealing with Chicago traffic, I would take my chances with the golf cart.
You can get to the MKE airport from Miller Park via all surface streets, no real reason to get on the expressway. Unless he is in a real hurry to get to Az.
CUBSTER: I would think a cab or a limo would get Motte to the airport faster than a golf cart. The maximum speed of a golf cart is (what?) maybe 15 MPH, which could actually be dangerous on an expressway.
from the Sunday Trib...
Reliever Jason Motte waved as he left the visitor’s clubhouse at Miller Park on a golf cart en route to the airport to catch a flight to Arizona to start a rehab assignment.
Motte has been on the 15-day disabled list since Aug. 24 because of a right shoulder strain, but there’s a possibility he could rejoin the Cubs if they advance deep in the playoffs.
Motte is scheduled to pitch in simulated games and in Instructional League games in Arizona.
8 in a row to end the year...let's do this playoffs thing.
shelby miller (ATL) finishes the season with a win, snapping his 24-game winless streak...because ATL bats are non-existent.
3.02 era, 1.25 whip, 205.1ip, 171K
Totally independent of the Cubs winning or losing today, Dan Haren came into today's game having earned $2M of his potential $3M in performance bonuses for 2015.
By making the start (his 32nd start of the season) he picked up $500K, and he'll get the remaining $500K if he can throw at least 8.2 IP in the game (he was at 181.1 IP coming into the game, and he needs to reach 190 IP to get the remaining $500K),
It's a bit like the old "Bowling for Dollars" TV show, but of course Haren is actually "Pitching for Dollars."
holy crap, MIL is just...awful.
i think he's currently playing for the Santo Domingo Meths. he's an Adderall-Star player there.