We Shall Rumor On...
- Ricky Nolasco got shelled versus the Padres last night, one of the teams rumored to be in on him in trade talks...whether that will stunt his value or not remains to be seen, but it certainly didn't help it in any way. After Garza got himself injured before the Cubs could deal him last season, you kind of hope a deal could be had before Garza's next start on Wednesday versus the A's.
- Buster says the Dbacks and Cubs did talk Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs asked for Archie Bradley and/or Tyler Skaggs and then the talking was done. I presume it must have been both, as he then tweets that the "perception" is that the DBacks would move Tyler Skaggs in the right deal.
- The Cubs were among many teams scouting Cuban pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez...rumors be it'll cost upwards of 4/40M (or more) to sign the 26-year old Cuban lefty. The Red Sox and Dodgers seem to be the main competition.
- Speaking of international signings, Baseball America has been big on suggesting the Cubs will look to add some international pool money in some of these trades. Theo said it's something that could happen, but the Cubs' international signing "plan" doesn't require it.
- Nick Cafardo says 3 teams are showing interest in Carlos Marmol. There's always the possibility the Cubs may get someone else's cast off while still paying Marmol the rest of his salary minus the pro-rated version of the minimum.
- Last and certainly least, the Giants are looking for a RH outfield bat...someone like Alfonso Soriano circa 2012.
Eventually, the Maddon "play everyone everywhere" thing was going to create a problem.
This ump blows.
So much for pace-of-game.
Adam Warren who is 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and a 1.04 WHIP, and Castro who is hitting 269/303/415?
That Molina with the arm out thing was ridiculous and blatant. Wonder if he can get fined for that
Looks like the Cubs got short end of the Castro Warren deal so far. He is atrocious. Even in games with huge leads he sucks ass.
Wonder what they saw in him? Maybe he is a better starter? Ugh!
Bucknor tried to turn a 4-pitch walk to LaStella into an interesting AB, but LaStella prevailed.
~shrug~ he's CB Bucknor, he's usually awful.
But today he called 2 pitches balls that really looked like strikes, one looked particularly obvious. Even Arrieta jawed at him and that's rare for Arrieta. He also didn't bother to ask anyone or notice Molina clearly reaching his arm out to get hit intentionally.
Lastella not having much of one either (diving stop notwithstanding but should have been unnecessary if he made earlier play).
What's wrong with his strike zone? Just inconsistent?
CB Bucknor not having a good day....
Jesse Rogers [email protected] Yeah, there was plenty of chatter before the game about home plate ump today. Knew he would be a factor.
Jake Arrieta gives up first inning run
For the first time in a year, 33 starts.
Old news, sorry if it's 3/44-
J-Hey being classy by repaying an old teammate:
With Paredes moving to 3B, how do you see playing time shaking out between him and Galindo? Do you think Galindo gets starts at 1B? Galindo is more of a prospect than Paniagua, right?
Phil, your knowledge of the Cubs Minor League system is unbelievable.