Angels Rally to Defeat Cubs at Diablo Park
Nataniel Delgado stroked a two-run single to tie the score and Andrew Ray laced a two-run double to give the Angels the lead, as the Angels rallied to defeat the Cubs 4-2 in Arizona Instructional League action this afternoon at Diablo Park Field #7 in Tempe.
RF Jeffrey Baez walked twice, singled, stole two bases, scored a run, and threw out two baserunners, and RHP David Garner tossed 3-2/3 innings of one-hit shutout ball for the Cubs.
Here is the abridged box score from today's game (Cubs players only):
1. Gioskar Amaya, 2B: 0-2 (HBP, K, BB, K, CS)
2. Trey Martin, CF: 1-3 (HBP, K, F-7, 1B)
3. Jeimer Candelario, DH-3B: 1-4 (K, 3B, 6-3 DP, P-6, R)
4. Jeffrey Baez, RF: 1-2 (BB, BB, 1B, 5-4-3 DP, R, 2 SB)
5a. Jesse Hodges, 3B-DH: 2-4 (K, K, 1B, 1B, RBI)
5b. Danny Lockhart, PR: NO AB
6. Charcer Burks, LF: 0-4 (5-3, K, F-9, 6-4 FC)
7. Kelvin Freeman, 1B: 0-3 (6-3, BB, 6-4 FC, 4-6-3 DP)
8. Carlos Penalver, SS: 0-3 (K, F-8, 5-3)
9. Jordan Hankins, DH #2: 0-2 (K, BB, F-7)
10a. Wilfredo Petit, C: 1-1 (1B, BB)
10b. Erick Castillo, C: 0-1 (F-7)
1. Erick Leal: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 BALK, 1 PO, 1/4 GO/FO, 43 pitches (28 strikes)
2. David Garner: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 4/2 GO/FO, 39 pitches (24 strikes)
3. Michael Wagner: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 2 K, 2/1 GO/FO, 42 pitches (28 strikes)
4. Sam Wilson: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 1 K, 0/1 GO/FO, 28 pitches (16 strikes)
CUBS ERRORS: 2
1. 3B Jeimer Candelario - E-5 (throwing error allowed batter to reach base safely)
2. 2B Gioskar Amaya - E-4 (errant throw on attempted 4-6 FC allowed baserunner to reach 2nd base safely)
CUBS CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Wilfredo Petit: 2-2 CS
CUBS OUTFIELD ASSISTS: 2
1. RF Jeffrey Baez - threw out baserunner 9-6 trying advance to 2nd base on pop fly
2. RF Jeffrey Baez - threw out batter 9-6 trying to stretch single into double
ATTENDANCE: 19 (mostly scouts)
WEATHER: Partly cloudy & breezy with temperatures in the 90's
Trouble Boys, the Replacements bio, is a great option. I'm sure Chad loved it.
"Weren't the National considered a near lock last year?"
No, I think you're thinking of Radiohead, The 1975, or Bowie's last album.
Although The National's Greatful Dead tribute is pretty cool.
I don't think they're any kind of lock, though I do expect they'll make the playoffs.
vegas isn't a fan of the game because of how erratic and unpredictable it is.
Best record in baseball and largest division lead.
I'm jumping right now!
Can we please stop pointing out how ridiculous it is to panic and start panicking in earnest?
,571 winning percentage in May.
I think they're gonna be OK.
Hi Arizona Phil,
Has there been any news on Oscar de la Cruz' health?