How Can We Get Cub Memorabilia into the Hall of Fame?

Just a little filler writeup. If you have any "pet Peavy's" keep them in Rob's Tuesday Hot Stove comments.

Over the weekend I heard that they have again added World Series Winner memorabilia into the Hall of Fame. This years addition is Cole Hamel's jersey worn in the rain delayed game 5 and Brad Lidge's glove for getting the save in game 5.

If they could just loosen up the criteria for getting stuff into the HOF a bit, I was wondering just what Cub trinkets would qualify?

Here's my short list but feel free to make it longer:

Stuffed black cat, Shea stadium circa 1969

Ron Santo's toasted gamer hairpiece from opening day in NYC 2003

Sammy Sosa's broken corked bat circa 2004

Moises Alou hand delivered urinalysis results, circa 2004

Videotape of Piniella's ejection June 3, 2007 with ump Mark Wegner

Autographed ball Cub infield, game 2, NLDS 2008...with 4 dirt smudges included

Ted Lilly (08) and Carlos Zambrano (07) game 4 NLDS warmup jackets

Of course plan B is to wait for our Carlos' (plural of Carlos? Carli?) Z and M to get their jersey/gloves into the HOF the way the Phillies pitchers did it this year.

Comments

2005 Mark Prior Towel

1998 Kevin Orie Fielding Glove(just like new)

A 1969 Pro's Pizza Box

The hat that hid the ball from Larry Biitner

Gatorade jug or cup that "ruined" Durham's glove

The ball LaTroy Hawkins fired off a runner's helmet at 1B

The mouse that gave Z carpal tunnel

Good ones!

The hole in Soriano's bat.

Sammy Sosa's workout regimen circa 1997

the locker that Barret's head went through during the fight with Z

whatever photos Neifi had of Dusty and Hendry

"whatever photos Neifi had of Dusty and Hendry "

nicely done.

The slip n slide tarp from rained out opening night 8-8-88, autographed by Greg Maddux and Les Lancaster

oh, and Morgana's wet tank top too.

Kerry Wood hot tub, circa Feb. 2007

Sammy Sosa tissue, circa May, 2004.

The portable smokie link wagon that used to get pushed on the walkway between the grandstands and box seats, Wrigley Field, 1960's

mmmmmmm good grillin'

All over that one, CUBSTER!

Don't forget the old "Beef Vendors", too. They were small, but still tasty.

The Wrigley Marquee...this version:

a continuous audio loop of ronnie woo playing in the background of the exhibit

Videotape of Piniella's ejaculation June 3, 2007 with ump Mark Wegner - may not wind up in the HoF, but could probably get an exhibit at the www.museumerotica.dk

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 2 hours 16 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 2 hours 42 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.