Sat Funnies: A-Rod drops his lawsuits

I certainly hope I haven't soiled your thoughts of the upcoming Spring with this one.
I just laughed out loud when I saw ESPN's response to A-Rod dropping his lawsuits.
Kurkjian's perfectly straight face.
"It's the smartest thing Alex Rodriguez has done in some time."

Okay, back to baseball and I promise to never do another A-Rod post again.

Comments

We're going to hold you to it.

Deal.

Cubs and Shark avoid arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $5.345 million deal.

Oh, dear god.

Trans!!

I knew you couldn't resist Hall of Fame homo-eroticism!

You still know me to a T, Jacos.

I've stopped promising that I will return to hang out and be a part of the crew, because I don't like breaking promises.   I'll just say that for the first time since, well, when I first started writing here, my life is stable and predictable.  Woo, boringness!

Tenure track?

Yep.  Published the book while I was unemployed and living in a shack, and going on tenure-track interview after tenure-track interview.  Kinda amusing.  Now all set up at a nice public U just outside of Philly.  Phillies fans are amusing.  ~snort~    Got a good review on my first semester, so they'll be keeping me around for at least the four years between now and tenure-decision, barring something horrific....

Congrats!

That's a long road, congrats. Hope you'll be recapping parachats from now on;)

Congrats to a Philly area prof from a Philly area grad student!

Is "shack" hyperbole, or were you really squatting in someone's shack? I'm trying to picture my life in 3 years or so.

great to hear
keep in touch

Thank you, The Joe and JB.  What do you study, Charlie?  While I need to still keep something of a low profile as long as I'm tenure-TRACK, I am not worried about the sort of "deep anonymity" that I used to be.  Would be fun to get beers with east-coast Cubs fans.

Shack is a bit hyperbolic, but not by much.  There were days when outside weather conditions or plumbling failures made it temporarily unlivable. Put it this way, I made sure never to be in it during a severe weather alert.

Still bleak, even if it's not a shack. I'm currently a fully grown adult sharing a place with another fully grown adult I barely know. Ah, grad school. I'm studying English Lit. Would be happy to grab a beer sometime. I'll probably end up at Citizens Bank sometime when the Cubs come into town, as well.

Cafardo Sunday, Updates on Nine...

8. Jeff Samardzija, RHP, Cubs — There’s still a good amount of interest, but the Cubs are holding out hoping they can sign him long term. If things get to the point by the trading deadline where Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer don’t feel it’s possible, they could deal him then. Nothing prevents the Cubs from dealing him during spring training, but that seems unlikely.

• Buddy Ryan takes his place alongside George Allen as the great Bear head coaches who never were.

VirginiaPhil 2 hours 47 min ago view
  • Well, at least he can still hit: Jake slashing .294/.368/.868. Forget hitting 8th -- he should hit 6th.

• Curious to see today's lineup vs. a LHP: Ross needs to catch Lester, Joe likes Javy at 3B when Lester pitches. Heyward with back-to-back good games at the plate, and is actually hitting a little better against LHP (.247/.341) than RHP (.232/.321), although neither is much to write home about. But, tomorrow is an early day game, so some regulars will probably sit either today or tomorrow.

Maybe Willson in LF, KB in RF and Almora in CF? If so, Albert Jr., assume every ball is yours.

• "Pitching prospects not looking so hot"

That reminds me that Lucas Giolito will start for the Nats tonight.

VirginiaPhil 3 hours 13 min ago view
  • Well, there you go. Federowicz is one of the best at balls in the dirt.

VirginiaPhil 3 hours 32 min ago view
  • Reds pitching meeting tomorrow:

"Hey coach...maybe we should walk Bryant?"
    "No...keep challenging him with fastballs! What kind of man are you?! The Cubs walked Harper, and look what happened there! They got teased for it, by one of the Nat players! Is that what you want?"

• How can I get that feature? I think it woudl be a win-win for all involved.

• Ian Happ is hitting.733 after 5 games at Tennessee. He went into tonight's game hitting .667 -- and went 3-for-3 to raise his average.

2-for-3, including a bomb, for LaStella at Iowa. Pierce Johnson very bad -- 2IP, 5ER. Pitching prospects not looking so hot -- Underwood has been awful.

Did Jiminez get hurt? I noticed he came out early yesterday.

• Contreras keeps hitting/walking like this, and Miggy keep up the poor D and lack of offense - the kid could be the #1 catcher very soon.

• it doesn't hurt that the Cardinals lose the KC and the Pirates lost too.

Cubster 15 hours 12 min ago view
  • ...still trying to process what I just saw. From both KB and Jake. Walking Billy Hamilton twice is a cry for help. I think the nudie photos are messing with Jake's head.

• Hopefully Peralta's time on the Cubs roster will be shorter than R. Soriano's.

Cubster 15 hours 31 min ago view
  • it took 9 pitches for peralta to give up his 1st cubs homer. neat.

• damn...totally missed that ruben quevedo died on june 7th. he was only 37...heart attack.

he threw some really horrible games for the cubs in 2000 and followed it up by doing the same for 3 season for the brewers.

• Holy Kris Bryant what?!

Ryno 15 hours 44 min ago view
  • Hitting 3 HR, 2 doubles in a game. Never been done in mlb history per Len/Bob.

Cubster 15 hours 56 min ago view