Tues Funnies: When does a Cub Fan's service clock start?

With all this talk about Cub prospects and their service clocks, I couldn't help but think about mine.
Click for gif.

My grandfather was a Cub Fan.
Passed down to my dad, then on to me.
I figure my service clock started in the early 1900s.
Do I get to be a Super 2?
Do I get Free Agency?
DO I GET TO SIGN SOME LUCRATIVE CONTRACT?
HELL NO!
It wasn't like I had a choice, man.
I WAS FREAKING BORN THIS WAY.

Whoaaaaa, buddy.
Calm down.
Deep breaths.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Okay.
I've waited over a hundred years.
I guess I can wait another year (or so) til Kris Bryant is ready.
I guess Javier Baez could use a little more seasoning.
C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.
Get some meat on your bones.

I'll still be here.
Whoever's reading this will be too.

Comments

Maybe I could get traded to the Pirates...

Love it CubbyBlue!!!!

>C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.

*golf clap*

"James McDonald told reporters on Tuesday that he is merely battling shoulder tendinitis."

Good news.

CHC/TEX live on MLB Network 10pm (ET)

TEX is on a split squad and currently playing another game. choo is the only "major" name batter in that game, fwiw. chirinos is also playing in that game in case anyone is still interested in him.

Chris Coghlan, 1B
Donnie Murphy, SS
Ryan Kalish, CF
Mike Olt, DH
Javier Baez, 2B ◄──
Rafael Lopez, C
Darnell McDonald, LF
Brett Jackson, RF
Jeimer Candelario, 3B

hammel pitching.

Olt, 2 Run blast in the top of 3rd vs Texas. Almost forgot who's batting next,...almost.

AND THEN BAEZ HITS ONE BACK TO BACK.

Remember Javy.

I don't think he is going to let us forget him. What an amazing swing that guy has.

Reminds me of June 2011 and Wilken saying he thought the Cubs got the best righty and lefty bats in the draft. The lefty was Vogelbach. (And that's why TW has a job with the team today.)

• been like that everytime I've been there too including Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium. Cubs travel well. It was pretty loud for Angels/Cubs this year and decent for Dodgers/Cubs but Dodger fans definitely turn out better than the Padre fans.

• When I went in the 2007-2008 range, it was at least 75% Cubs fans.

blockhead25 3 hours 24 min ago view
  • Jeff Sullivan on Kris Bryant's lack of clutch hitting in 2016. Very good stuff, unsatisfying conclusion (it's probably random).

John Beasley 3 hours 25 min ago view
  • I was at Tuesday's game in San Diego. It looked like half of Chicago was at Petco. We were much louder than Padres fans.

BobbyD 3 hours 26 min ago view
  • We may have a chance to catch one in October. Although hell, I couldn't deal with my co-workers if we lose to them.

blockhead25 3 hours 45 min ago view
  • think I have to miss this series too (also was at the Arrieta game last year). But in my case, just had a busy weekend with work and kids have a bunch of activities and we made it to Opening Day in Anaheim and a couple of games in Wrigley this year which we normally don't get too...so not feeling like I'm missing out this year.

• they're awful

Rob G. 4 hours 23 sec ago view
  • I hope the Cubs play three good teams.

Jackstraw 4 hours 2 min ago view
  • First year I'm not going to a Cubs/Dodgers game in a long time. 4 month old baby kinda changes plans around. But the no-hitter I was at last year can last in the memory banks for awhile.

I think Dodger Dogs are awful. I love hot dogs, but those are crap.

blockhead25 4 hours 37 min ago view
  • ayyyy...get a doyer dog, then.

• I'm going to be at this one! Am told a Dodger Dog is just a long hot dog. Disappointing.

• If my math is correct, if the Cubs play .500 baseball for the rest of the season, they will finish with 99 wins. I only just confirmed through Baseball Reference that 97 wins last year (and 2008) were the most Cubs wins in my lifetime. I think that last year while Arrieta was pitching better than Cy F. Young I didn't really get or appreciate what he was doing. I'm trying to try to grasp in the moment just how fucking remarkable this season is.

Jackstraw 5 hours 51 min ago view
  • This is awesome.

(CSN Chicago will air Vin Scully's call of the Sunday Cubs vs. Dodgers game...well for an inning at least)

• I figured this was going to be the most meaningless regular season in Cubs history...and it is pretty much on point, although I certainly didn't think we'd have close to a 14 game lead.

But, one bad hop in game 1 in October could change absolutely everything we will remember about this year.

blockhead25 7 hours 28 min ago view
  • oh he's great, there's like 10 great pitchers in the NL right now that can flat out dominate though. Picking #2 (behind Kershaw) doesn't matter much to me right now. Much like whom the Cubs will play in the playoffs won't matter much, they're gonna be good teams.

• The Cubs great pitching has a lot more to do with their great defense this year and plenty of good luck  (#1 in ERA, #4 in FIP behind Nats, Mets and Dodgers with a rather ridiculous .258 BABIP against Cubs' pitchers).

Cubs pitchers do strike out more hitters than Giants pitchers and do walk more hitters than Giants pitchers so that's a few more balls in play. Cubs' pitchers actually have a higher groundball rate though. Crawford is just really good and baseball happens.