Lou Piniella's Last Thoughts on the Playoffs
I read the Sun-Times writeup on an interview with Lou Piniella in yesterday's paper and thought it was worthy of TCR discussion.
''The two things that I take from the postseason are that I didn't get a chance to pitch [Ted] Lilly, and he was such an integral part of us getting there.."
Here's my translation of Lou's comment #1:
1) The Ted Lilly Fan Club Super Computer predicted this.
2) Lou prefers Jason Marquis to Jake Peavy or Rich Harden because the latter two makes it tougher to pitch Ted Lilly in the playoffs.
3) You should have seen Z's reaction when (Lou) told him Dempster was pitching game one and Ted Lilly was pitching game two vs LA.
And Lou's comment #2: "And, two, we've just got to figure out a way to score more runs in the postseason."
...then Lou says: Raul Ibanez is the type of professional hitter "that we are alluding to".
1) I'm batting Raul 4th.
2) Defense? We don't need no stinkin' defense.
3) Is there a Raul Ibanez Fan Club Computer I can check with?