Carrying the Pink Backback
There is a new rookie in the TCR bullpen and as a result, I've picked up my Dora the Explorer backpack and have assumed the position. Hmmm, perhaps that didn't come out right. All kidding aside, I wanted to take a minute to mention just a few things I do and do not bring to the table.
- A strong distaste for Derrek Lee and maintain that he is the most overrated first baseman in all of baseball.
- A love of the farm system, though not nearly as much as the farm crazy AZ Phil has. He's my idol. I hope to one day be able to be half the man he is.
- A heavy heart over the loss of my favorite Cub, Kerry Wood. I can still remember the day I skipped work for no other reason than to watch him pitch in his rookie year. What game was it? None other than the 20 K game. From that point on I was in love.
- A hatred of Bleed Cubbie Blue and all the smug attitude emitted Al. Long ago I was told not to mention this, but what the heck? True story, Al was not their first choice: I was. I turned it down.
- A strange list of favorite Cubs over the years that includes Rey Sanchez, Frank Castillo, Steve Trachsel and Joe Girardi. For some reason I never liked the good players.
I don't bring....
- The ability to kiss Jim Hendry's butt when he makes a poor decision. He's been given the resources and it's time to get it done.
- The patience to wait till I'm 80 for a championship.
- The language in my posts that caused TCR to move from MVN, but I can still be ok, right?
- A love to go to Wrigley Field. Call me crazy, but it's gotten frustrating to spend $100 and be surrounded by way too many drunks. If the stadium was filled with sane people throughout, I could rationalize it. It's TV all the way for me, though watching a drunk in any other circumstance for free is a fun assignment.
Hopefully that will give you an idea of who I am. I'll do my best to be active in the comments, so feel free to fire off questions. I'll submit to the grill. Roast away.
from the Sunday Trib...
Motte has been on the 15-day disabled list since Aug. 24 because of a right shoulder strain, but there’s a possibility he could rejoin the Cubs if they advance deep in the playoffs.
Motte is scheduled to pitch in simulated games and in Instructional League games in Arizona.
8 in a row to end the year...let's do this playoffs thing.
3.02 era, 1.25 whip, 205.1ip, 171K
By making the start (his 32nd start of the season) he picked up $500K, and he'll get the remaining $500K if he can throw at least 8.2 IP in the game (he was at 181.1 IP coming into the game, and he needs to reach 190 IP to get the remaining $500K),
It's a bit like the old "Bowling for Dollars" TV show, but of course Haren is actually "Pitching for Dollars."
holy crap, MIL is just...awful.
i think he's currently playing for the Santo Domingo Meths. he's an Adderall-Star player there.
I'm longing for a Neifi sighting.
TBS, TNT, ESPN 1+2, etc...100% legal.
68 pitches (50 strikes)
love seeing that...especially with the batters doing very little with it.
Yeah, keep him off the playoff roster.
Or, he's looked exactly like Ted Williams.
Lately he hasn't looked like Ted Williams...
Bryant leads NL rookies in HRs (26), RBIs (99), 2B (31) and runs (86). Last rookie to reach 26 HR, 99 RBI, 31 2bs, 86 runs and 74 BBs?
Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales 4m4 minutes ago
Boston’s Ted Williams in 1939