Hendry on XM Radio
Jim Hendry was on XM radio with Rob Dibble and his co-host...Stern something or other. The completely uninteresting highlights:
- trading DeRosa was the toughest trade he ever made
- too right-handed
- Fontenot and Miles at second base
- No talks at all with Baltimore for "the player" (Brian Roberts)
- couple of deals expected over the next few weeks, in 7-10 days they expect to add a left-handed hitting outfielder
- seems content with the bullpen, Lou and Rothschild will figure out the closer between Gregg and Marmol in spring training
- not going to the hockey game, currently visitng his brother in Louisiana
- Soriano's just streaky, not worried about his playoff performance or wilting under the pressure
- Sale completed within next month he hears
- Payroll is set until new owner is named, had to move money to add money
- humorous bit about not caring what the Yankees spend and he's spent plenty on his part and if he didn't, he probably would have been fired by now.
No mention of the Jason Marquis trade, but you have to assume it's one of those deals expected over the next few weeks.
On another note, this Stern fella sounds like a bigger idiot than Rob Dibble, which I didn't think was possible. He keeps harping about Brian Roberts and just called Mike Fontenot a "punch and judy" hitter.
Dr. Hecht's simulcast after the jump...
Hendry: plans on picking up another LH outfielder
sings DeRosa's praises for versatility, good person, etc.
but move (implying adding Miles?) was to get more left handed and DeRosa was RH.
Stern asks about Brian Roberts to play 2B.
Hendry: No talks with Baltimore at all this offseason. Andy's not
interested in dealing him. Cubs will go with Fontenot and Miles at 2B.
Hendry: expect a couple of deals in the next 7-10 days including an OF bat.
Stern: how about the bullpen?
Hendry: Even without Woody, Marmol and Greg can both close. Also mentions Shark, Guzman, Cotts
...says Stevens may help in the pen.
Stern: Any concerns about Soriano struggles in the postseason?
Hendry: He's a streaky guy, a 270-280 hitter, not the model of
consistency but he had 3 bad games in the playoffs but played well in
the 2nd half last year.
Dibble: what about the economy?
Hendry: our ownership situation is unique. What we have/haven't done
this winter is more affected by the ownership sale rather than the
Stern: Yankee's exorbitant spending, Salary Cap? Where do you stand?
Hendry: I've spent alot of money in the last few years. I've no
animosity toward the Yankee spending. I try not to be critical of
others. Every GM would like more money on the payroll.
Dibble: where are you? It sounds like you are hunting?
Hendry: I'm in my brother's neighborhood, play a little golf here but I'm not carrying a gun.
Hey, whatta bout me?
....and Theo thought EJax, Sveum and Ricky were good ideas. Win some, lose some.
I thought he was better than Archer?
/f u Hendry
The Padres signed RHP Trey McNutt to a minor league contract...
Yeah, she's a good egg. The whole superdelegate thing is shady as fuck though.
the perks of being a
big fundraisermodel representative citizen.
honestly, though...the dnc could do worse and she's involved in all kinds of dem party stuff.
I didn't realize Laura Ricketts is a superdelegate.
pretty much...also agree that it wouldn't surprise me to see him land with the cubs, too.
the trade to free up room for him would be interesting.
holy crap...j.mejia got busted AGAIN for PEDs.
3rd time...lifetime ban.
oddly...or not...fowler's been strongly linked to the O's lately.
The Cubs have claimed C.J. Riefenhauser LHP on waivers from the Orioles. Edgar Olmos was again DFA.