Lazy Link Thursday
- John Dewan of ACTA Sports gives us 10 reasons to like what the Cubs are doing this winter
- Whoops, too late on Smoltz.
- Scout.com starts their Top 20 Cubs prospect countdown (subscription required), Baseball America's Top 10 is due Monday
- Trevor Hoffman to the Brewers on a one year deal for $6M and $1.5M in incentives
- Milton Bradley's physical and psych evaluation are today and the final deal should be announced. Word is another #21 will be roaming right field in Wrigley.
- A nice rundown of the three finalists that are trying to buy the Cubs.
- "Jim Hendry Way"
- Speaking of Park Ridge and Des Plaines (my hometown), if you have a Facebook account, here's a clip from the Conan O'Brien show. I recommend taking Manheim as well from the airport.
was the last out, bottom 6th more about Adam Warren being good or about the Pirates struggling this series?
and on cue, Len and JD discuss:
JD: It appears that Adam Warren is becoming Joe Maddon's favorite club.
Len: You mean favorite Cub?
JD: No like a favorite golf club.
Len: Like Billie Baroo (then does Ted Knight/Judge Smails impersonation from Caddyshack)
Rizzo on fire
By the way in relation to the zany suits Madden was saying his other reason for forcing players to wear them in public is to cause some awkwardness and embarrassment in the players that they'd have to overcome. He said he feels this ability might help players when they screw up in the game recover more quickly. Not sure if it will but he definitely thinks about the things he does.
Brutal. Pirates load the bases with 0 outs and fail to push any runners across. After two tough games, that really has to suck the wind out of them. Man...
Bases loaded no outs
Lester pitches out of it
Most excellent! MTFBWY!
Btw Star Wars Day, May the Fourth
/found on twitter
Rizzo almost killed McCutchen with a line drive to center.
Don't agree with you, but an interesting discussion. I find this thinking limiting and not in-tune with the latest brain and physiology research. The fact is we use only a tiny fraction of our capacity, and if one can increase motor function along with brain capacity you achieve greater flexibility and value of the (player) asset. For the club's and player's benefit.
Oh, no. "Now the benchmark is quickly shifting to whether they [the Cubs] can become one of the best teams in baseball history."
Lester should try that for pickoff throws.
any other unemployed on parrot chat?
Please be Noah Syndergaard and Andrew McCutchen...
Joking. I really like Andrew McCutchen. ...
Wow -- no Soler today, despite begin short of OF. As Baez's star rises, Jorge's has dimmed considerably.