Lazy Link Thursday
- John Dewan of ACTA Sports gives us 10 reasons to like what the Cubs are doing this winter
- Whoops, too late on Smoltz.
- Scout.com starts their Top 20 Cubs prospect countdown (subscription required), Baseball America's Top 10 is due Monday
- Trevor Hoffman to the Brewers on a one year deal for $6M and $1.5M in incentives
- Milton Bradley's physical and psych evaluation are today and the final deal should be announced. Word is another #21 will be roaming right field in Wrigley.
- A nice rundown of the three finalists that are trying to buy the Cubs.
- "Jim Hendry Way"
- Speaking of Park Ridge and Des Plaines (my hometown), if you have a Facebook account, here's a clip from the Conan O'Brien show. I recommend taking Manheim as well from the airport.
Bryant took over NL lead in WAR after yesterday's effort. 3.9. Rizzo's at 2.8 and 8th in the league. Rizzo actually with better offensive numbers (161 wRC+ versus 146 for Bryant), but Bryant gets a good bump because of defense and position(s) played.
Fowler with a 2.8 WAR as well (9th), Zobrist with a 2.7 (14th).
M. Carpenter leads NL with 163 wRC+ just ahead of Rizzo who is 2nd.
@jonahkeri Joe Maddon living out Joe Maddon fanfic IRL tonight
yes. I was at the Sean Marshall game in LF. Lou Piniella was managing. StL won 4-2, so I guess it didn't help but it was zany. Soriano/Reed Johnson and Marshall were the LF's.
On a 6 degrees of separation note: Cubs got Travis Wood in the trade that sent Sean Marshall to Cincy.
Make that 1-7, 4 RBI.
i like how strop played LF with his "crooked cap" look...that's not just for the mound.
let baez pitch the 15th, he earned it.
Forget the save, finally Javier!!
Can a pitcher get more than one hold in a game? Or a Win and a save?
Didn't they do this sort of thing with Sean Marshall years back? Sticking him in LF to save him to face others, but without a pitcher replacing him in LF.
This is the most beautiful thing ever.
all i wanna know is...when's d.ross gonna pitch?
Maddon is over-managing the shit out of this game.
i was a bit more confused why the guy who gave up a HR to votto last night was facing him with 2 men on.
...now that wood is coming in to pitch the following inning, the whole thing gets weirder. so like, okay.
Javy 0-6. At least he's consistent.
What's with the Travis Wood stuff? Is it because he pitched the last 2 games?