Baseball America Top 10 Cubs Prospects and Mark Prior News
The BA Top 10 came out yesterday...and surprise! Josh Vitters is #1.
- Josh Vitters
- Jeff Samardzija
- Andrew Cashner
- Dae-Eun Rhee
- Welington Castillo
- Kevin Hart
- Starlin Castro
- Ryan Flaherty
- Jay Jackson
- Hak-Ju Lee
- Mark Prior re-signs with the Padres on a minor league deal.This is the year!!!
- The Marlins are my new second favorite team.
- Jae-kuk Ryu is DFA'd by the Rays (insert obligatory bird-killing joke).
- Harry Caray #18, Jack Brickhouse #13 on the top 50 all-time sportscasters. Unfortunately, Joe Buck #31, Milo Hamilton #32, and Bill Walton at #39 make the list useless.
- The uniform patch budget must have been cut due to the Madoff scandal for the Mets (thanks to Cubnut for the link)
- Dempster still thinking about pitching for Team Canada in the WBC, the Cubs will do the thinking for Rich Harden.
- Another surprise...the Friday deadline to submit final bids for the Cubs wasn't so final.
Check out John Arguello at Cubs Den for great analysis & photos from Cubs AZ Instructs
soler + hammel for mike trout is pretty much a sure thing. *nods*
Not an inspired outing by Rondon. Seemingly got ahead of every hitter but had no swing and miss pitch today, slider had no bite.
Somebody give Soler some smelling salts - yeesh
And...now that runner scores on a single...
So where do you think Soler will be traded to this off season?
And right on cue he throws to third with no chance to get runner on 2nd so the batter takes 2nd easily. How long has he been playing baseball??
Man you cannot put Soler out there late in games for Playoffs. Yuch...
Such is the life of a fatted calf...
fowler with a triple in the 4th...he's a HR away from a "natural" cycle
...and contreras takes one off the hand and he's in obvious pain. sigh.
he's staying in the game, though he's wringing his hand out during breaks in the action. aside from that he seems to have no issue giving signs or tossing back to the pitcher.
...and he's batting in the cubs half of the following inning. sweet.
his collapse started on august 21st this season...so it's a slight improvement.
but wow, what a collapse since then...only 2 out of 7 can be considered good/decent.
I'm really going to enjoy watching Hammel watch the playoffs.
The always combustible Jason Hammel
That was fun.
"home field advantage through the playoffs?"
Except for the away games.