These past few days I've been thinking. I've had the thought that maybe certain things are true and we need to accept them. For example:
- Maybe Andre Dawson and Ron Santo really aren't hall of fame players. For the past few years they've done all sorts of changing of the way that the veterens committee elects members and all still come back with the same news for Ron. These are his peers that aren't seeing it. Perhaps we're simply blinded by the fact that we so badly want to see something go well for the guy. As for the hawk, maybe those days in Montreal on the turf cost him his spot.
- Maybe trading Mark DeRosa, as unpopular as it was from a fan standpoint, was a good idea. You always hear the saying that it's better to trade a guy a year too early than a year too late. We've seen the latter in the last few years with guys like Marquis and we'll probably see it again with someone like Felix Pie. Perhaps Jim Hendry made the right call.
- Maybe Kosuke Fukudome just needed a year to get used to the big leagues and he really won't suck in 2009. It would be a great help to us and would allow us to keep Milton Bradley as healthy as possible. Perhaps we just need to hold out hope.
- Maybe Ronny Cedeno will finally learn to not be a retard with the mental errors. After all, we did agree to a contract with him today.
- Maybe....just maybe...The Cubs will win a World Series in 2009.
Then again, maybe I'm retarded.
Edit: Not advocating for Miller, just pointing out it has more legs than some of these other guys.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/shelby-miller-pseud... (link is external)
Jerry Crasnick @jcrasnick 6h6 hours ago
#Braves are smitten with Jorge Soler, person said. Julio Teheran likely wouldn't get it done. Could Miller spark interest from #Cubs?
2018: $4M (or salary arbitration 2018-20)
2019: $4M (or salary arbitration 2019-20)
2020: $4M (or salary arbitration 2020)
1. Carlos Carrasco
2019: $9M (club option with $662,500 buy-out)
2020: $9.5M (club option with $662,500 buy-out)
- OR -
wow, so STL is ready to throw 30m down on a pitcher? yow...that changes the offseason outlook a bit.
it seems greenkey is supposedly not going to be a cub so it leaves cueto or trade...or scrap heap.
Guess who was runner-up in the Price is Right?
Not a fan of ex-cardinals. It was tough enough watching Jim Edmonds.
Hope they don't go after Shelby GT Miller
greenkey, cueto...or...umm...a trade with ATL?
the more pieces that fall, the more it seems like soler is going to be playing in ATL next year.
Price to Bosox 7/217
According to Rosenthal and boston globe
Sorry for the hijack, Phil.
~edit~ op out after year 3, no money deferred
So much for our 12-way tie on the predictions: http://bit.ly/1NWlEek
Greinke soon according Rosenthal
Giants or Dodgers and higher amount than Price
Not really a shock. Now there is little to stop the winter meetings from being really interesting.
Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom
Thanks guys! Pretty sure Bill Murray says thanks too.
Awesome job, Tim!