Around the Web...
- The Cubs purchased the contract of catcher Shawn McGill from the Lincoln Saltdogs of the (cutting and pasting) American Association of Independent Professional Baseball. McGill will be at spring training as one of the extra catchers around to help with all the extra pitchers around.
- Cubs.com with an article on some of the Korean players the Cubs have signed.
- Cubs special assistant Gary Hughes inducted into the Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame.
- Don't mess with Edinson Volquez.
- Ken Rosenthal doesn't believe the new owner in San Diego will change the Jake Peavy situation too much.
- Aramis Ramirez is going to sit out of the WBC because he doesn't want to back-up A-Fraud.
- An interview with Cubs radio play-by-play man Pat Hughes at Chicago Cubs Online.
- A little site news, at the bottom of each story below the comment box you'll see the RSS icon , you can now subscribe to comments to an individual post. You can also add this link to your favorite RSS reader for site-wide comments. They only show up in flat view, so no threaded comments and it doesn't seem to update too frequently in my Google Reader so far, but it's available.
Also, we have a Twitter page too thanks to Cubnut (there's a widget on the sidebar as well) and we've had a Facebook page apparently since last year thanks to Ruz. Anyone know of a Twitter widget that will display all the feeds of the people you're following?
was the last out, bottom 6th more about Adam Warren being good or about the Pirates struggling this series?
and on cue, Len and JD discuss:
JD: It appears that Adam Warren is becoming Joe Maddon's favorite club.
Len: You mean favorite Cub?
JD: No like a favorite golf club.
Len: Like Billie Baroo (from Caddyshack)
Rizzo on fire
By the way in relation to the zany suits Madden was saying his other reason for forcing players to wear them in public is to cause some awkwardness and embarrassment in the players that they'd have to overcome. He said he feels this ability might help players when they screw up in the game recover more quickly. Not sure if it will but he definitely thinks about the things he does.
Brutal. Pirates load the bases with 0 outs and fail to push any runners across. After two tough games, that really has to suck the wind out of them. Man...
Bases loaded no outs
Lester pitches out of it
Most excellent! MTFBWY!
Btw Star Wars Day, May the Fourth
/found on twitter
Rizzo almost killed McCutchen with a line drive to center.
Don't agree with you, but an interesting discussion. I find this thinking limiting and not in-tune with the latest brain and physiology research. The fact is we use only a tiny fraction of our capacity, and if one can increase motor function along with brain capacity you achieve greater flexibility and value of the (player) asset. For the club's and player's benefit.
Oh, no. "Now the benchmark is quickly shifting to whether they [the Cubs] can become one of the best teams in baseball history."
Lester should try that for pickoff throws.
any other unemployed on parrot chat?
Please be Noah Syndergaard and Andrew McCutchen...
Joking. I really like Andrew McCutchen. ...
Wow -- no Soler today, despite begin short of OF. As Baez's star rises, Jorge's has dimmed considerably.