Around the Web...
- The Cubs purchased the contract of catcher Shawn McGill from the Lincoln Saltdogs of the (cutting and pasting) American Association of Independent Professional Baseball. McGill will be at spring training as one of the extra catchers around to help with all the extra pitchers around.
- Cubs.com with an article on some of the Korean players the Cubs have signed.
- Cubs special assistant Gary Hughes inducted into the Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame.
- Don't mess with Edinson Volquez.
- Ken Rosenthal doesn't believe the new owner in San Diego will change the Jake Peavy situation too much.
- Aramis Ramirez is going to sit out of the WBC because he doesn't want to back-up A-Fraud.
- An interview with Cubs radio play-by-play man Pat Hughes at Chicago Cubs Online.
- A little site news, at the bottom of each story below the comment box you'll see the RSS icon , you can now subscribe to comments to an individual post. You can also add this link to your favorite RSS reader for site-wide comments. They only show up in flat view, so no threaded comments and it doesn't seem to update too frequently in my Google Reader so far, but it's available.
Also, we have a Twitter page too thanks to Cubnut (there's a widget on the sidebar as well) and we've had a Facebook page apparently since last year thanks to Ruz. Anyone know of a Twitter widget that will display all the feeds of the people you're following?