Game 10 Thread / Cubs @ Phillies (1 of 3)

Game Chat | Press Pass | BR Preview

SP Carlos Zambrano SP Brett Myers
  1-0, 1.32, 12 K, 1 BB 0-1, 6.30, 6 K, 5 BB

LF Alfonso Soriano CF #Shane Victorino
CF *Kosuke Fukudome 3B *Greg Dobbs
1B Derrek Lee 2B *Chase Utley
3B Aramis Ramirez 1B *Ryan Howard
RF *Daryle Ward LF Pat Burrell
C Geovany Soto RF *Geoff Jenkins
2B Mark DeRosa C Carlos Ruiz
SS Ryan Theriot SS Eric Bruntlett
P
#Carlos Zambrano P Brett Myers

I'll go out on a limb here and say that if Zambrano can keep up a twelve to one K:BB ratio, he'll win the Cy Young. You heard it here first. Z's start did get pushed up a day, although Mother Nature is threatening to push him right back with 50-60% chance of showers for tonight in Philly. Brett Myers vowed to be more aggressive tonight...on the mound; Mrs. Myers need not worry. The reigning, undeserved MVP, Jimmy Rollins sits another night with a sprained ankle but is available to pinch-hit. If they do get the game in, the Cubs will try to extend their winning streak to six.

____________________________

If you liked this article, consider supporting us during TCR's April Pledge Drive.

Comments

And so the F-Bomb centerfield experiment begins.

well we know it won't last long if it's accompanied by the Daryle Ward in RF experiment. Hope Z's sinker is working versus all those lefties in the lineup.

Are we possibly looking at a Pie to Iowa Murton to RF situation? Or is this just a day off so Pie can get his stuff together and get right back at it?

I talk about it a little in the Friday Notes post above this one...

Reed Johnson though will definitely play the next 2 games though against Hamels and Moyer.

i f'n hate ward in RF...ranks up there with sticking aram at SS to me.

ward was a bad RF'r many years and dozens of lbs. ago. he was a bad OF'r, period, not long after that...

philly's RF isnt exactly a small place to patrol, though its not COL.

If teams needs a swinging third strike from Soriano it's breaking ball low and away. He looks like Sammy '96/'97 out there.

so you are telling me soriano is due next year for 60?

Yeah, he looks bad on those pitches, always lunging at them.

Quick sucky game....I just hope they win one in Philly for a 4-2 road trip.

No rick-roll or whatever that was...just some Fukudome love to spread around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVf288Z-euY

Go Cubs!

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 17 min 33 sec ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 6 hours 30 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 6 hours 56 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.