TCR Friday Notes
And I recall seeing an electric young pitcher, Kerry Wood,
when he was the ripe old age of 19. He had yet to set foot in a major
league stadium when we watched him pitch in an instructional league
game in Arizona. Nevertheless, that didn’t stop me and everyone else
from realizing that he was a man among boys. Years later, he would set
the record for most strikeouts in a game. He just had something that
made his blank sheet of experience rise to the top of a pile of
- Another Deadspin find, Joe Smith heckling with the fans at Wrigley earlier this week. Note to all cameraman though, let the pictures and sound tell the story. You do not need to do the play-by-play that Smith is heckling with the fans, while he's, you know, heckling the fans.The part where him and the fans are going back and forth, is enough of a tell that heckling is indeed going on, and you jabbering that this is Joe Smith heckling with the fans at Wrigley, doesn't let us hear what is actually being heckled.
- Rotoauthority has a nice piece using Pitch F/x that examines Kosuke Fukudome's at-bats. .
- Let's all welcome the Just One Bad Century girl to the website (on the right sidebar). That should class up the joint a little. They do have a neat site over there and some fun apparel and other goodies at their store. Buy some stuff and she stays!
Enjoy the weekend!
Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales
Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says
Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.
I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.
3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.
2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.
2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.
I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.
any opponent preference for NLDS?
A couple of Cub related puzzles.
Can't teach height and thinness
Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.
j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.
Wow. I didn't know they could do that.
Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.
Game is officially called...also officially a tie.
Stats count, no make-up date of course.
rain delay...thanks obama.