Batting Stances

Apologies if this is 3/44 -- Cubs batting stances, past and present:

This guy has a whole series of batting stance videos up. A nice diversion on a day off.

Comments

I found this gem this morning...

Form about 1984 it looks like, former Padre pitcher Mark Grant doing impressions of 1980's umpires, including a few of my favorites such as the late, great Eric Gregg, Dutch Renner, and John McSherry. Good for a laugh, if nothing else.

not bad...if he peed on his hands before the Alou one, I would have nominated him for the TCR Hall of Fame.

I noticed one for Microsoft Live Search on the right sidebar...it's pretty sweat actually, I used it yesterday.

Found it through Consumerist.com, similar to Google Product Search except they actually give you a percentage back on the purchase (pretty decent percentage) PLUS calculate shipping costs on the prices. Bought a Memory Stick for the wife's cellphone and got 4% back.

Only negative is that it's not nearly as a deep a pool of merchants as Google.

I saw this a couple weeks ago on another site.

He's pretty good - but I am told (as is alluded to) he does dozens of all kinds of players. He's a fan of an East Coast team (Red Sox? I can't remember), so its impressive that he knows the old school Cubs.

Moises Alou watched this video of the guy doing his batting stance impression and was laughing so vigorously he pulled a calf muscle and is going on the DL again.

I thought it would suck, pretty good actually. I wanted to see Jerome Walton, THAT was a crazy stance.

The mime-like quality of his performance added a nice touch.

• I love winning! It's, like, better than losing?

• LOLLYGAGGERS!

Dusty Baylor 8 hours 19 min ago view
  • You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!

Jackstraw 11 hours 3 min ago view
  • Its too bad Warren didnt get to pitch. He would have saved us.

• Whoa -- that Contreras play in the 8th looked too much like a "Schwarber" -- nearly crashed into the wall going full speed, with Heyward doing the same.

New rule: if you are a catcher playing LF, and find yourself sprinting after a fly ball in the gap -- stop, let the CF go after it and get ready to play it off the wall.

• Cubs have no spark and no life. Pretty boring to watch these days.

• I thought trips to Miami were supposed to be fun. This one sucked.

The bottom half of the bullpen now turns close games into blowout losses. Not good.

Once Fowler went to the DL, the team went into the tank. Wonder if he'll get any love this offseason? Probably not.

• 6IP, 2ER. The last one scored because of another botched Zobrist DP turn.

And now, a bad throw by KB. Sloppy.

• What is it with Hammel always starting well and sucking after a couple months?

• Ahhh...sad. Lke a few of you here, I saw him play during the '69-'71 seasons. He was the "hot Zobrist" for the club in August/September of '69 while everyone else was fizzling out...

• I predict: "They will play hard and if they give the same effort every day, they'll win a lot of games."

• OK, boys -- find a way to win today.

billybucks 17 hours 34 sec ago view
  • There's some BA is missing too, here's all signing bonus BA doesn't have some:

-6 Hockin $241,000 (slot price), 7 Cruz $75,000 (saved $110,00), 8 Ridlings $120,000 (saved $53,800), 9 Robinson $30,000 (saved $132,300), so far the Cubs have saved an extra $297,100

cubbies.4ever 18 hours 51 min ago view
  • per Muscat...
    Zobrist (2B), Hayward (CF), Bryant (3B), Rizzo, Contreras (LF), Montero, Russell, Coghlan (RF), Hammel

Cubster 18 hours 59 min ago view
  • Also -- despite losing 6 of their last 10, the Cubs picked up a game on both STL and PIT during that period. Weird, given that they swept PIT and were swept by STL.

• Also, I'd like to know if there are numbers to back up my suspicion that there are a lot more fast starts than late June romps. This seems like a time where everybody not named Willson Contreras is looking a little tired and/or banged up a bit.

For once, the Cubs got off to a fast start. Seems like I've been waiting for that for 50 years.Everybody is really gunning for this team, too. It's their playoffs.