Batting Stances

Apologies if this is 3/44 -- Cubs batting stances, past and present:

This guy has a whole series of batting stance videos up. A nice diversion on a day off.

Comments

I found this gem this morning...

Form about 1984 it looks like, former Padre pitcher Mark Grant doing impressions of 1980's umpires, including a few of my favorites such as the late, great Eric Gregg, Dutch Renner, and John McSherry. Good for a laugh, if nothing else.

not bad...if he peed on his hands before the Alou one, I would have nominated him for the TCR Hall of Fame.

I noticed one for Microsoft Live Search on the right sidebar...it's pretty sweat actually, I used it yesterday.

Found it through Consumerist.com, similar to Google Product Search except they actually give you a percentage back on the purchase (pretty decent percentage) PLUS calculate shipping costs on the prices. Bought a Memory Stick for the wife's cellphone and got 4% back.

Only negative is that it's not nearly as a deep a pool of merchants as Google.

I saw this a couple weeks ago on another site.

He's pretty good - but I am told (as is alluded to) he does dozens of all kinds of players. He's a fan of an East Coast team (Red Sox? I can't remember), so its impressive that he knows the old school Cubs.

Moises Alou watched this video of the guy doing his batting stance impression and was laughing so vigorously he pulled a calf muscle and is going on the DL again.

I thought it would suck, pretty good actually. I wanted to see Jerome Walton, THAT was a crazy stance.

The mime-like quality of his performance added a nice touch.

• Well noted. You may also note that Lester's Career Playoff ERA is almost a full point lower, and he has a lower WHIP as well.

Can't have everything, I guess.

The E-Man 1 hour 34 min ago view
  • i'm happy enough with the Lester signing, but Scherzer has more than earned the extra money so far. If he was in the rotation instead of Lester, this team would feel practically bulletproof to me.

Blaspheme maybe, but I think Scherzer is the best pitcher in the NL right now.

John Beasley 2 hours 25 min ago view
  • Maddon was pimping Russell for Gold Glove honors recently as a manager should do...

Here's some defensive numbers:

.....

13.C. Seager 0.7

Traditional stats

Crawford

.978 FP, 11 E, 333 A, 162 PO, 562 Chances, 4.27 RF, 72 DP Turned

Russell

• Let me guess: Land of Contusion? Puppet Prez Reagan mistakenly blows the world up due to a bum thumb?

Eric S 5 hours 53 min ago view
  • Favorite Genesis video

jacos 6 hours 23 min ago view
  • Twitterverse reporting that Almora's examination by a hand specialist went okay, it's still just a hand contusion.

Eric S 7 hours 3 min ago view
  • Attaboy, Eloy! Jimenez named Midwest League MVP and Best Prospect.

Gonzalez and Morrison also honored.

VirginiaPhil 12 hours 23 min ago view
  • QuietMan 22 hours 34 min ago view
  • FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.

JoePepitone 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Jackstraw 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo

jacos 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."

i chose the classy route.

crunch 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • Rob G. 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign

Rob G. 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ good shit goเฑฆิ sHit๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some good๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œshit right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ rightโœ”there โœ”โœ”if i do ฦฝaาฏ so my self ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: สณแถฆแตสฐแต— แต—สฐแต‰สณแต‰) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ euphoric logic !euphoric loGic๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some euphoric๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ป logic right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ปthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ Carl ๐Ÿ”ญ Sagan๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿ’ซif i do ฦฝaาฏ so gentlemen ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats euPhoric logic right there Richard ๐Ÿ“’ Dawkins๐ŸŽฉ (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œeuphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ john cena JOhN cEna

crunch 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.

The E-Man 1 day 3 hours ago view