Batting Stances

Apologies if this is 3/44 -- Cubs batting stances, past and present:

This guy has a whole series of batting stance videos up. A nice diversion on a day off.

Comments

I found this gem this morning...

Form about 1984 it looks like, former Padre pitcher Mark Grant doing impressions of 1980's umpires, including a few of my favorites such as the late, great Eric Gregg, Dutch Renner, and John McSherry. Good for a laugh, if nothing else.

not bad...if he peed on his hands before the Alou one, I would have nominated him for the TCR Hall of Fame.

I noticed one for Microsoft Live Search on the right sidebar...it's pretty sweat actually, I used it yesterday.

Found it through Consumerist.com, similar to Google Product Search except they actually give you a percentage back on the purchase (pretty decent percentage) PLUS calculate shipping costs on the prices. Bought a Memory Stick for the wife's cellphone and got 4% back.

Only negative is that it's not nearly as a deep a pool of merchants as Google.

I saw this a couple weeks ago on another site.

He's pretty good - but I am told (as is alluded to) he does dozens of all kinds of players. He's a fan of an East Coast team (Red Sox? I can't remember), so its impressive that he knows the old school Cubs.

Moises Alou watched this video of the guy doing his batting stance impression and was laughing so vigorously he pulled a calf muscle and is going on the DL again.

I thought it would suck, pretty good actually. I wanted to see Jerome Walton, THAT was a crazy stance.

The mime-like quality of his performance added a nice touch.

pretty much sums up my feelings

Rob G. 1 hour 35 min ago view
  • You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 1 hour 38 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

billybucks 1 hour 46 min ago view

The E-Man 1 hour 58 min ago view

Arizona Phil 2 hours 4 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

The E-Man 4 hours 50 sec ago view
  • I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.