Game 50 Thread / Cubs @ Pirates (3 of 3)
|SP||*Ted Lilly||SP||*Paul Maholm|
|5-4, 5.14, 56 K, 19 BB, 56 IP||2-5, 5.03, 38 K, 20 BB, 53.2 IP|
|LF||Alfonso Soriano||2B||Freddy Sanchez|
|SS||Ryan Theriot||SS||Luis Rivas|
|1B||Derrek Lee||CF||*Nate McLouth|
|3B||Aramis Ramirez||LF||Jason Bay|
|CF||Reed Johnson||RF||Xavier Nady|
|RF||*Kosuke Fukudome||1B||*Adam LaRoche|
|2B||Mark DeRosa||3B||Jose Bautista|
|C||Henry Blanco||C||Ronny Paulino|
|P||*Ted Lilly||P||*Paul Maholm|
The residue from last night's 14-inning loss:
- The Cubs need to win today to take the series and finish with a .500 road trip
- After pitching 8 innings last night, the bullpen is all beat to hell, with a Memorial Day home game on tap tomorrow
- The Wood-to-setup-man and Marmol-to-closer discussion can begin anew
- Alfonso Soriano got to play a 4-hour and 21-minute game on that calf muscle which isn't "injured" but sure looks like it when Soriano runs
- Any Cub fan who stayed up until the bitter end will be haunted the sight of Henry Blanco playing first base
Regarding today's lineup, Soto, who caught all 14 innings Saturday night, gets the day off, with Johnson moving all the way up to fifth in the order and Henry Blanco filling the 8th spot.
Rich Hill appeared on WSCR Radio Sunday morning after throwing a simulated game in Iowa. He attributed his recent back troubles to "an overdeveloped muscle," the result of years and years of pitching, and he said the back pain which caused him to leave his last start for the I-Cubs had been troubling him, to a lesser degree, going back to Spring Training.
bullpen vs 5 innings (6 if you count the 4th)...that should make for an eventful rest of the game.
Don't think I've ever seen a crowd go that crazy for a K to end the 4th inning.
This is going to be a long, crazy, afternoon.
Turn off the TV, and good things happen. back to work.
Folks, the local watering hole calls.
I LOVE YOU
Was there, MC ignored me, left >:(
That was a bad first inning.
is anyone on parachat?
Battle through Jason, get to the fifth giving up only those two, Cubs will be alright.
Carlos_RM: This Piscotty fellow...
Carlos_RM: He's not likeable
Well, at least it took Hammel 2 batters to give up a first inning run.
Worst nightmare realized in under 3 minutes.
I'm so anxious I can hardly stare at my screen pretending to work.
Harry Caray video for 7th inning at stretch today! I support this completely.
Maybe he would also be willing to pitch pitches #2 through 80 as well...