Game 50 Thread / Cubs @ Pirates (3 of 3)
|SP||*Ted Lilly||SP||*Paul Maholm|
|5-4, 5.14, 56 K, 19 BB, 56 IP||2-5, 5.03, 38 K, 20 BB, 53.2 IP|
|LF||Alfonso Soriano||2B||Freddy Sanchez|
|SS||Ryan Theriot||SS||Luis Rivas|
|1B||Derrek Lee||CF||*Nate McLouth|
|3B||Aramis Ramirez||LF||Jason Bay|
|CF||Reed Johnson||RF||Xavier Nady|
|RF||*Kosuke Fukudome||1B||*Adam LaRoche|
|2B||Mark DeRosa||3B||Jose Bautista|
|C||Henry Blanco||C||Ronny Paulino|
|P||*Ted Lilly||P||*Paul Maholm|
The residue from last night's 14-inning loss:
- The Cubs need to win today to take the series and finish with a .500 road trip
- After pitching 8 innings last night, the bullpen is all beat to hell, with a Memorial Day home game on tap tomorrow
- The Wood-to-setup-man and Marmol-to-closer discussion can begin anew
- Alfonso Soriano got to play a 4-hour and 21-minute game on that calf muscle which isn't "injured" but sure looks like it when Soriano runs
- Any Cub fan who stayed up until the bitter end will be haunted the sight of Henry Blanco playing first base
Regarding today's lineup, Soto, who caught all 14 innings Saturday night, gets the day off, with Johnson moving all the way up to fifth in the order and Henry Blanco filling the 8th spot.
Rich Hill appeared on WSCR Radio Sunday morning after throwing a simulated game in Iowa. He attributed his recent back troubles to "an overdeveloped muscle," the result of years and years of pitching, and he said the back pain which caused him to leave his last start for the I-Cubs had been troubling him, to a lesser degree, going back to Spring Training.
Maybe he can even fall asleep/passout at a red light. #cardinalway
hopefully he has enough time to pound 6-10 beers before the drive back home.
: / )
Yeah, there's that....
CTSteve -- have they decided to skip tomorrow's game...? (I keed)
Not a bad thing -- Bryant and Miggy are hurt, and Ross could use a day off.
2016 .607 ops
Plus bad fielding
taylor davis moved to AAA to take the place of that other catcher guy dude person.
Who's Mr. June-August? Can't be Jorge "Mr. 1.705 Playoff OPS " Soler, can it?
Chesny Young 4-5 tonight for Tenn. Now hitting .410 with an OBP over .500.
That's a .720 winning percentage and projects to 117 wins over 162 games.
That's a lot of dance parties.