Game 50 Thread / Cubs @ Pirates (3 of 3)
|SP||*Ted Lilly||SP||*Paul Maholm|
|5-4, 5.14, 56 K, 19 BB, 56 IP||2-5, 5.03, 38 K, 20 BB, 53.2 IP|
|LF||Alfonso Soriano||2B||Freddy Sanchez|
|SS||Ryan Theriot||SS||Luis Rivas|
|1B||Derrek Lee||CF||*Nate McLouth|
|3B||Aramis Ramirez||LF||Jason Bay|
|CF||Reed Johnson||RF||Xavier Nady|
|RF||*Kosuke Fukudome||1B||*Adam LaRoche|
|2B||Mark DeRosa||3B||Jose Bautista|
|C||Henry Blanco||C||Ronny Paulino|
|P||*Ted Lilly||P||*Paul Maholm|
The residue from last night's 14-inning loss:
- The Cubs need to win today to take the series and finish with a .500 road trip
- After pitching 8 innings last night, the bullpen is all beat to hell, with a Memorial Day home game on tap tomorrow
- The Wood-to-setup-man and Marmol-to-closer discussion can begin anew
- Alfonso Soriano got to play a 4-hour and 21-minute game on that calf muscle which isn't "injured" but sure looks like it when Soriano runs
- Any Cub fan who stayed up until the bitter end will be haunted the sight of Henry Blanco playing first base
Regarding today's lineup, Soto, who caught all 14 innings Saturday night, gets the day off, with Johnson moving all the way up to fifth in the order and Henry Blanco filling the 8th spot.
Rich Hill appeared on WSCR Radio Sunday morning after throwing a simulated game in Iowa. He attributed his recent back troubles to "an overdeveloped muscle," the result of years and years of pitching, and he said the back pain which caused him to leave his last start for the I-Cubs had been troubling him, to a lesser degree, going back to Spring Training.
They are trying to bring the facility to the 20th century.
I think they know what they are doing.
the Rex brothers?
Yeah, the Rex brothers, Tyrannosaurus and Oedipus
When I first saw the Tweet, I thought there were two guys. Happy Thanksgiving gang! And TheoJed!
They can use another Brother
Cubs acquired Rex Brothers. Awesome fit for this team. Wander Cabrera going to COL.
2014 12th rounder...
Thanks PHIL! I thought only the Cubs had control until the last day of the MLB 2015 Season.
See What The Cubs Are Building This Off-Season For Wrigley Plaza, Clubhouse
Haren was 4-2 with a 4.01 ERA with the Cubs. Seems like he worked out just as expected.