Game 54 Thread / Rockies @ Cubs (1 of 4)
|SP||*Jeff Francis||SP||Jason Marquis|
|1-5, 6.18, 46 K, 24 BB, 59.2 IP||2-3, 4.97, 29 K, 20 BB, 50.2 IP|
|CF||*Scott Podsednik||LF||Alfonso Soriano|
|RF||*Seth Smith||SS||Ryan Theriot|
|1B||*Todd Helton||1B||Derrek Lee|
|3B||Garrett Atkins||3B||Aramis Ramirez|
|LF||Ryan Spilborghs||C||Geovany Soto|
|2B||*Ian Stewart||RF||*Kosuke Fukudome|
|C||Yorvit Torrealba||2B||Mark DeRosa|
|SS||Omar Quintanilla||CF||Reed Johnson|
|P||*Jeff Francis||P||*Jason Marquis|
The darlings of the National League in 2007 make their annual visit to Wrigley Field, bypassing the normal chartered bus in favor of an escorted ambulance. The Rockies find 1/3 of their starting lineup on the disabled list (Troy Tulowitzki, Matt Holliday and Brad Hawpe), along with five pitchers and Tulowitzki's replacement, Clint "Deer Meat" Barmes. It appears the devil is cashing in on the deal they made last August.
For the Cubs, it'll be a great opportunity to add to their outstanding home record. The Rockies are the proud owners of the worst record in the National League, courtesy of a struggling offense (4th worst in the NL) and struggling staff (2nd worst in the NL).
Some game notes fun...
- Cubs are 95-67 over their last 162 games, second best record to the Yankees over that period of time
- Cubs are 15-11 in May, guaranteeing another winning month
- Cubs are the only major league team this year not to lose three straight
- Cubs have had the lead in every game since May 9th
j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er
zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8
heyward 0-4 :(
Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales
Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says
Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.
I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.
3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.
2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.
2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.
I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.
any opponent preference for NLDS?
A couple of Cub related puzzles.
Can't teach height and thinness
Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.
j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.
Wow. I didn't know they could do that.
Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.
Game is officially called...also officially a tie.
Stats count, no make-up date of course.