Game 57 Thread / Rockies @ Cubs (4 of 4)
|SP||Ubaldo Jimenez||SP||Sean Gallagher|
|1-5, 5.37, 48 K, 33 BB, 58.2 IP||2-1, 4.50, 17 K, 10 BB, 26 IP|
|LF||*Scott Podsednik||LF||Alfonso Soriano|
|CF||*Cory Sullivan||SS||Ryan Theriot|
|1B||*Todd Helton||1B||*Micah Hoffpauir|
|3B||Garrett Atkins||3B||Aramis Ramirez|
|RF||*Seth Smith||RF||*Kosuke Fukudome|
|2B||*Ian Stewart||C||Geovany Soto|
|SS||*Omar Quintanilla||CF||*Jim Edmonds|
|C||Yorvit Torrealba||2B||Mark DeRosa|
|P||Ubaldo Jimenez||P||Sean Gallagher|
How do you top a 7-1 homestand and an 8-2 homestand? What about a 7-0 homestand? And let's not even think about that the Cubs would be going for the tenth straight win if it wasn't for those two unfortunate blown ninth-inning losses in Pittsburgh.
All this home-cooking might be needed, as the Cubs head out for a West Coast trip that will see them on the road for 23 of their next 32 games.
Today's lineup features Micah Hoffpauir in the three spot. I wonder what Lou had to do to get Derrek to take a game off?
Game notes fun after the jump...
- This is the first time since 1908 (see the parallel?) that the Cubs have entered June with the best record in baseabll.
- A win today and the Cubs would have their first back-to-back homestands with seven or more wins since 1984.
- The last time the Cubs started as well as 25-8 at home was 1977, the 1918 team was the last to go 26-8.
- The Cubs followed their 17-win April, with an 18-win May.
Sweep, Sweep, Sweep!!!
take that giants
TEX takes the opening game from TOR (@TOR) 5-3.
Ride the Kid Magic! Schwarber hadn't homered in a long time before last night.
Greg Maddux was 8-18 in his rookie season. Kyle has the 8 wins down pat.
Think Baby Maddux.
Prof. Harold Hill's THINK system at work.
Kyle is on the far left.
Just tweeted via Jesse Rogers: Hendricks starting Game 2. Wow. Just wow.
That was good!
1. I hate the fact that after 162 games, a team could be out after 1 game. However, I think the system is pretty close to perfect right now. 2 of 3 isn't feasible unless they shorten the regular season, and it ices the division winners for way too long. This creates excitement, and rewards the division winners.
Call me lost.
I just noticed the Dodger's payroll today. It is just absurd. $300,000,000+!!
Here is where just some of their money is for 2015:
Carl Crawford $20MM
Brandon McCarthy $17MM
Bronson Arroyo $3.5MM
Darwin B $2.2MM
Dan Haren $10MM
Matt Kemp $18MM
Brian Wilson $10MM
Ryan Webb $2.2MM
Dee Gordon $2.5MM