Caption This!

UPDATE: I wanted to give you guys first shot, but here's mine.

"Just a David Eckstein short of a full set."

Comments

"Big league math! 9 times 2 is... Err..."

holy scrap!

"I'm taller than you..."

"Anyone see Kerry's wife?"

Dayan Viciedo, a 19-year-old third baseman said to be the best player to come out of Cuba in the eight years since Angels prospect Kendry Morales, has defected to South Florida. In Sunday's edition of the Miami Herald, the 6-2 slugger is pictured wearing a Cubs cap.

defecting to the US a few days after the draft?

he should have defected to another country first...maybe it was a moment of opportunity to defect. it'll cost him money, but he'll make more than he would have any way you cut it.

-edit-

oh, he got here end of may...he's just caught up in "the system" of getting paperwork shuffled and lawyers doing lawyering things.

wonder how he'll project in next year's draft.

that kinda looks like a Cubs cap but it's actually a Cuba cap (pretty sure on this one)

He heard that the Cubs were being purchased by a Cuban.

The Cubs trio of little white guys scour the horizon for scrappiness.

Fontenot-" I heard there are alot of fruity guys that like to take pictures of ball players' asses at Dodger Stadium."

Johnson-"Where!?!?! Do you see one!?!?!"

Hey! How'd they get my locker combination?

f'n offdays...at least the next 2 games are night games at "normal" hours (at home, too).

"I hate when they let only tall guys play."

What happened to the Cubs on September 2, 1917?

an early leader...

"Reed Johnsot scans the field for the equipment manager who misspelled his name."

lol

in light of skyrocketing sleevemaking expenses, Sam Zell orders Theriot and Johnson to share an arm

433:

^ LOL Winner!

Johnson: Hey, is that Alyssa Milanno?

No really, the grass out is here actually painted green (not like at Wrigley). Wow, and if you look out past the outfield stands, they have a circus tent!

"So I have about 25% of my portfolio in T - Bills and fixed annuities, my financial guy says that's a good shelter to be in at this time."

"That's interesting, I've got $3MM invested in a real estate trust, but I don't know if that's more of a defensive move or not in this environment. Hey, did you guy's see the market close on Friday?"

Caption:
With Dusty Baker gone, the ban on scrappy white players is lifted.

In the most sarcastic Friends' Chandler voice possible:

"Can they MAKE this railing any higher..?"

"Anybody hear how Pie and Eric did at Iowa today?"

Scrappy, Scrappier, Scrappiest

The evolution of Scrappy

*golf clap*

"Los Angeles, CA 90217"

"9 game win streak, 2 losses in LA, 17 game win streak..."

/so mote it be

"So Ryan, ever heard of this thing called Parachat?"

No caption, but the photo does remind me of these stupid pictures...

You must be 6' to ride this ride

My favorite!

"Don't look back fellas, once Z gets done eating the water jug and fucking the bat rack we will walk slowly to the bench."

• If my math is correct, if the Cubs play .500 baseball for the rest of the season, they will finish with 99 wins. I only just confirmed through Baseball Reference that 97 wins last year (and 2008) were the most Cubs wins in my lifetime. I think that last year while Arrieta was pitching better than Cy F. Young I didn't really get or appreciate what he was doing. I'm trying to try to grasp in the moment just how fucking remarkable this season is.

Jackstraw 11 min 57 sec ago view
  • This is awesome.

(CSN Chicago will air Vin Scully's call of the Sunday Cubs vs. Dodgers game...well for an inning at least)

Rob G. 1 hour 10 min ago view
  • I figured this was going to be the most meaningless regular season in Cubs history...and it is pretty much on point, although I certainly didn't think we'd have close to a 14 game lead.

But, one bad hop in game 1 in October could change absolutely everything we will remember about this year.

blockhead25 1 hour 48 min ago view
  • oh he's great, there's like 10 great pitchers in the NL right now that can flat out dominate though. Picking #2 (behind Kershaw) doesn't matter much to me right now. Much like whom the Cubs will play in the playoffs won't matter much, they're gonna be good teams.

• The Cubs great pitching has a lot more to do with their great defense this year and plenty of good luck  (#1 in ERA, #4 in FIP behind Nats, Mets and Dodgers with a rather ridiculous .258 BABIP against Cubs' pitchers).

Cubs pitchers do strike out more hitters than Giants pitchers and do walk more hitters than Giants pitchers so that's a few more balls in play. Cubs' pitchers actually have a higher groundball rate though. Crawford is just really good and baseball happens.

• i do what i want.

i run with 12 gangs and we only commit hate crimes.

i do what i want.

• I was asking how well Scherzer holds on runners.

#baseballtalk

BTW, your used underwear remark sounds rather specific. Please don't project. Thanks.

Tito 3 hours 36 min ago view
  • nothing gets you going like someone talking about lester, eh?

i hope you're on his payroll or he sends you used underwear or whatever you're into.

btw, he holds runners like shit. he does things with runners i've never seen another pitcher do in my life...even going back before i was born as far as i can tell. would you like to discuss it? that sounds like it could be educational and fun. hit me up, bruh.

• last year they won 97...and came in 3rd in the division. crazy game on a year-to-year basis.

this year it's likely no one else in the division will win 90, though it's technically possible at this point.

no matter what, this is a special team, though...very well rounded...and should be mostly intact next year with a bonus schwarber. chapman may not be around, but whatever...rondon and crew are capable even if not on chapman's level.

• How well does he hold on runners?

#baseballtalk

Tito 5 hours 35 min ago view
  • It's August 26. Cubs with 14 game lead. And not for #1 draft pick.

Words I never thought I would type together.

Jackstraw 5 hours 50 min ago view
  • One more victory to ensure a winning season!

• If I were a betting man

Give me the Dodgers tonite, not just because of
    Monty on mound.

Two nights in LA for the kids? Woooo

/Prove me wrong

jacos 8 hours 7 min ago view
  • When Scherzer is on his game, he might the the most dominant and intimidating pitcher. A couple of games he has pitched against the Cubs when he had his stuff, and his mound presence was just powerful.

• So are lack of chances due to the great pitching?

jacos 8 hours 10 min ago view
  • TLS watch: 0-4 with Iowa last night. Saving his pinch hits for September.

Cubster 9 hours 53 sec ago view