Caption This!

UPDATE: I wanted to give you guys first shot, but here's mine.

"Just a David Eckstein short of a full set."

Comments

"Big league math! 9 times 2 is... Err..."

holy scrap!

"I'm taller than you..."

"Anyone see Kerry's wife?"

Dayan Viciedo, a 19-year-old third baseman said to be the best player to come out of Cuba in the eight years since Angels prospect Kendry Morales, has defected to South Florida. In Sunday's edition of the Miami Herald, the 6-2 slugger is pictured wearing a Cubs cap.

defecting to the US a few days after the draft?

he should have defected to another country first...maybe it was a moment of opportunity to defect. it'll cost him money, but he'll make more than he would have any way you cut it.

-edit-

oh, he got here end of may...he's just caught up in "the system" of getting paperwork shuffled and lawyers doing lawyering things.

wonder how he'll project in next year's draft.

that kinda looks like a Cubs cap but it's actually a Cuba cap (pretty sure on this one)

He heard that the Cubs were being purchased by a Cuban.

The Cubs trio of little white guys scour the horizon for scrappiness.

Fontenot-" I heard there are alot of fruity guys that like to take pictures of ball players' asses at Dodger Stadium."

Johnson-"Where!?!?! Do you see one!?!?!"

Hey! How'd they get my locker combination?

f'n offdays...at least the next 2 games are night games at "normal" hours (at home, too).

"I hate when they let only tall guys play."

What happened to the Cubs on September 2, 1917?

an early leader...

"Reed Johnsot scans the field for the equipment manager who misspelled his name."

lol

in light of skyrocketing sleevemaking expenses, Sam Zell orders Theriot and Johnson to share an arm

433:

^ LOL Winner!

Johnson: Hey, is that Alyssa Milanno?

No really, the grass out is here actually painted green (not like at Wrigley). Wow, and if you look out past the outfield stands, they have a circus tent!

"So I have about 25% of my portfolio in T - Bills and fixed annuities, my financial guy says that's a good shelter to be in at this time."

"That's interesting, I've got $3MM invested in a real estate trust, but I don't know if that's more of a defensive move or not in this environment. Hey, did you guy's see the market close on Friday?"

Caption:
With Dusty Baker gone, the ban on scrappy white players is lifted.

In the most sarcastic Friends' Chandler voice possible:

"Can they MAKE this railing any higher..?"

"Anybody hear how Pie and Eric did at Iowa today?"

Scrappy, Scrappier, Scrappiest

The evolution of Scrappy

*golf clap*

"Los Angeles, CA 90217"

"9 game win streak, 2 losses in LA, 17 game win streak..."

/so mote it be

"So Ryan, ever heard of this thing called Parachat?"

No caption, but the photo does remind me of these stupid pictures...

You must be 6' to ride this ride

My favorite!

"Don't look back fellas, once Z gets done eating the water jug and fucking the bat rack we will walk slowly to the bench."

pretty much sums up my feelings

Rob G. 1 hour 9 min ago view
  • You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 1 hour 13 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

billybucks 1 hour 20 min ago view

The E-Man 1 hour 32 min ago view

Arizona Phil 1 hour 38 min ago view

billybucks 1 hour 46 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.