Caption This!

UPDATE: I wanted to give you guys first shot, but here's mine.

"Just a David Eckstein short of a full set."

Comments

"Big league math! 9 times 2 is... Err..."

holy scrap!

"I'm taller than you..."

"Anyone see Kerry's wife?"

Dayan Viciedo, a 19-year-old third baseman said to be the best player to come out of Cuba in the eight years since Angels prospect Kendry Morales, has defected to South Florida. In Sunday's edition of the Miami Herald, the 6-2 slugger is pictured wearing a Cubs cap.

defecting to the US a few days after the draft?

he should have defected to another country first...maybe it was a moment of opportunity to defect. it'll cost him money, but he'll make more than he would have any way you cut it.

-edit-

oh, he got here end of may...he's just caught up in "the system" of getting paperwork shuffled and lawyers doing lawyering things.

wonder how he'll project in next year's draft.

that kinda looks like a Cubs cap but it's actually a Cuba cap (pretty sure on this one)

He heard that the Cubs were being purchased by a Cuban.

The Cubs trio of little white guys scour the horizon for scrappiness.

Fontenot-" I heard there are alot of fruity guys that like to take pictures of ball players' asses at Dodger Stadium."

Johnson-"Where!?!?! Do you see one!?!?!"

Hey! How'd they get my locker combination?

f'n offdays...at least the next 2 games are night games at "normal" hours (at home, too).

"I hate when they let only tall guys play."

What happened to the Cubs on September 2, 1917?

an early leader...

"Reed Johnsot scans the field for the equipment manager who misspelled his name."

lol

in light of skyrocketing sleevemaking expenses, Sam Zell orders Theriot and Johnson to share an arm

433:

^ LOL Winner!

Johnson: Hey, is that Alyssa Milanno?

No really, the grass out is here actually painted green (not like at Wrigley). Wow, and if you look out past the outfield stands, they have a circus tent!

"So I have about 25% of my portfolio in T - Bills and fixed annuities, my financial guy says that's a good shelter to be in at this time."

"That's interesting, I've got $3MM invested in a real estate trust, but I don't know if that's more of a defensive move or not in this environment. Hey, did you guy's see the market close on Friday?"

Caption:
With Dusty Baker gone, the ban on scrappy white players is lifted.

In the most sarcastic Friends' Chandler voice possible:

"Can they MAKE this railing any higher..?"

"Anybody hear how Pie and Eric did at Iowa today?"

Scrappy, Scrappier, Scrappiest

The evolution of Scrappy

*golf clap*

"Los Angeles, CA 90217"

"9 game win streak, 2 losses in LA, 17 game win streak..."

/so mote it be

"So Ryan, ever heard of this thing called Parachat?"

No caption, but the photo does remind me of these stupid pictures...

You must be 6' to ride this ride

My favorite!

"Don't look back fellas, once Z gets done eating the water jug and fucking the bat rack we will walk slowly to the bench."

• been like that everytime I've been there too including Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium. Cubs travel well. It was pretty loud for Angels/Cubs this year and decent for Dodgers/Cubs but Dodger fans definitely turn out better than the Padre fans.

• When I went in the 2007-2008 range, it was at least 75% Cubs fans.

blockhead25 3 hours 27 min ago view
  • Jeff Sullivan on Kris Bryant's lack of clutch hitting in 2016. Very good stuff, unsatisfying conclusion (it's probably random).

John Beasley 3 hours 28 min ago view
  • I was at Tuesday's game in San Diego. It looked like half of Chicago was at Petco. We were much louder than Padres fans.

BobbyD 3 hours 29 min ago view
  • We may have a chance to catch one in October. Although hell, I couldn't deal with my co-workers if we lose to them.

blockhead25 3 hours 49 min ago view
  • think I have to miss this series too (also was at the Arrieta game last year). But in my case, just had a busy weekend with work and kids have a bunch of activities and we made it to Opening Day in Anaheim and a couple of games in Wrigley this year which we normally don't get too...so not feeling like I'm missing out this year.

• they're awful

• I hope the Cubs play three good teams.

Jackstraw 4 hours 6 min ago view
  • First year I'm not going to a Cubs/Dodgers game in a long time. 4 month old baby kinda changes plans around. But the no-hitter I was at last year can last in the memory banks for awhile.

I think Dodger Dogs are awful. I love hot dogs, but those are crap.

blockhead25 4 hours 41 min ago view
  • ayyyy...get a doyer dog, then.

crunch 5 hours 53 sec ago view
  • I'm going to be at this one! Am told a Dodger Dog is just a long hot dog. Disappointing.

• If my math is correct, if the Cubs play .500 baseball for the rest of the season, they will finish with 99 wins. I only just confirmed through Baseball Reference that 97 wins last year (and 2008) were the most Cubs wins in my lifetime. I think that last year while Arrieta was pitching better than Cy F. Young I didn't really get or appreciate what he was doing. I'm trying to try to grasp in the moment just how fucking remarkable this season is.

Jackstraw 5 hours 55 min ago view
  • This is awesome.

(CSN Chicago will air Vin Scully's call of the Sunday Cubs vs. Dodgers game...well for an inning at least)

• I figured this was going to be the most meaningless regular season in Cubs history...and it is pretty much on point, although I certainly didn't think we'd have close to a 14 game lead.

But, one bad hop in game 1 in October could change absolutely everything we will remember about this year.

blockhead25 7 hours 31 min ago view
  • oh he's great, there's like 10 great pitchers in the NL right now that can flat out dominate though. Picking #2 (behind Kershaw) doesn't matter much to me right now. Much like whom the Cubs will play in the playoffs won't matter much, they're gonna be good teams.

• The Cubs great pitching has a lot more to do with their great defense this year and plenty of good luck  (#1 in ERA, #4 in FIP behind Nats, Mets and Dodgers with a rather ridiculous .258 BABIP against Cubs' pitchers).

Cubs pitchers do strike out more hitters than Giants pitchers and do walk more hitters than Giants pitchers so that's a few more balls in play. Cubs' pitchers actually have a higher groundball rate though. Crawford is just really good and baseball happens.