Game 71 Thread / Cubs @ Rays (1 of 3)
|SP||Ryan Dempster||SP||*Scott Kazmir|
|8-2, 2.81, 75 K, 35 BB, 89.2 IP||6-2, 1.74, 54 K, 16 BB, 51.2 IP|
|CF||Reed Johnson||2B||*Akinori Iwamura|
|SS||Ryan Theriot||1B||#Willy Aybar|
|1B||Derrek Lee||CF||BJ Upton|
|3B||Aramis Ramirez||RF||*Eric Hinske|
|DH||Geovany Soto||3B||Evan Longoria|
|RF||Mark DeRosa||DH||*Cliff Floyd|
|LF||Matt Murton||C||#Dionar Navarro|
|C||Henry Blanco||RF||*Gabe Gross|
|2B||Ronny Cedeno||SS||Jason Bartlett|
Matt Murton has been called up and Eric Patterson has been sent down. Welcome back to the Show Orange Guy, and good luck with Scott Kazmir, who has given up all of one run in four home starts this year (thanks nohit). The entire Rays team has been enjoying the comforts of Tampa, Florida with a shiny 26-11 mark at Tropicana Field. That's good for second best in the home record in the American League and has helped catapult them from the worst overall record in the league last year to the current AL Wild Card leaders. Most of that turnaround can be attributed to their pitching and defense and not that sketchy lineup that I'm looking at. But I guess you don't need good hitters if you can "Execute to the Max".
Game notes fun after the jump...
- This is the Cubs first trip to Tropicana Field and marks the 112th stadium they've played in.
- The Cubs enter the game 80-80 in interleague games since its inception in 1997.
- Cubs starters have allowed three or fewer runs in seven straight games.
- Carlos Marmol is five short of the team holds record with 20. Bob Scanlan('93) and Jeff Fassero('01) currently hold the team record with 25.
1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.
CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.
Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.
I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.
any opponent preference for NLDS?
Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.
A couple of Cub related puzzles.
Can't teach height and thinness
Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.
j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.
Wow. I didn't know they could do that.
Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.
Game is officially called...also officially a tie.
Stats count, no make-up date of course.
Yeah -- seeing the weather -- I hope KB and Rizz are inside, wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.
rain delay...thanks obama.
Thanks again Phil. We actually were in Mesa and drove around. Hopefully, I am back for some Fall League. If not I have all of spring training (like the smart people who move here!)
What Rob G said. I can't speak for Piittsburgh, but the other end of the state has had absolute crap weather for two days. Perfect day to take it easy.
tarp came off 10 minutes ago...let's do this.