Cubs on Doodle Jump would ease ST angst

Don't know about you, but with all this prolonged and intense ST Cubs scrutiny, my brain hurts a little.
The Carlos Silva thing - whether you think he was fairly treated or not - I'm just glad it's over.
Yeah, drama always makes things fun, but there's enough to worry about besides that guy.
So much so, I decided to shut my mind down for a bit by playing a little Doodle Jump over the weekend.
Which is when it occurred to me that it would make an awesome Cubs game.

There's no sound here, but when you miss a base and fall, you'd hear the Ron Santo "OH NOOOO!" call instead of the slide whistle.
Of course they'd have to get MLB approval and all that, so it could never happen.
But it would be fun.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Nyger Morgan is a Brewer.
The Cards are not interested in Silva
The Yankees are not interested in Silva.
Jeff Baker is being handled carefully with the hammy, but should be ready for opening day.
Jeff Samardzija will get a trim.
Wrigley Field food: they're going back to Vienna dogs.
Lastly, Mark Riggins' handling of the Silva demotion - the "let him down easy" way.
I'm totally giving Riggins the thumbs up because of Carlos' heart thing.
What if he'd just said, "Carlos, everybody thinks you suck and there's no place for you on the team." and then Carlos grabs his chest and turns purple?

I'd have handled it exactly the same way.

Comments

"and then Carlos grabs his chest and turns purple?"

Would they still have to pay the rest of his contract?

"and then Carlos grabs his chest and turns purple?"
---
in the spirit of that as a prediction for Silva's next gig...

Is it too early in the season to call today's game a must-win?

Why not beat the rush.

• J-Hey not finishing with an offensive onslaught.

If Geoff Blum could be a Playoff hero, there is hope still...

• Giants scare me. I think you're wrong about Bumgarner, he would pitch on short rest for Game 2 and then full rest for Game 5. Cueto would go Game 1, then short rest in game 4. Add in some really tough outs in that lineup and I want nothing to do with them. With that rotation they can easily steal a series.

Cards are a tough matchup. The rivalry evens out their comparable lack of talent. And like someone said, they love HRs, which is how to beat the Cubs. The upside is that I would feel really good about Lester twice against STL.

John Beasley 3 hours 7 min ago view
  • j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

• Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 18 hours 48 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 20 hours 33 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 1 day 2 hours ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 1 day 4 hours ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 14 hours ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 14 hours ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 14 hours ago view